Who are moving to Sprint? Share your thoughts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlvinNguyen, Oct 5, 2011.

1. AlvinNguyen, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I can't handle AT&T in NY anymore so Sprint here I come! Who else is moving? I would go with Verizon but the unlimited and the great price package makes the iPhone on sprint the best decision. I refuse to take AT&T's crap service in Manhattan any longer!

On a side note it's a bit concerning that there is no info on sprint.com and Apple is saying "Coming Soon" so I wonder if the 4S will be available on launch date on Sprint.

2. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

change your title from Spring to Sprint - I'm already on Sprint and waiting for it to go up for order.

3. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

there's no gurantee Sprint will keep those bargin rate plans either...expect to pay the same as we pay on AT&T or Verizon

4. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

with slower internet speeds compared to ATT and Verizon. Unlimited means nothing if the network is slow as hell. It will be a crawl when the iphone 4s is on the network for a couple months. It was already bad when I left just a couple months ago.

5. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Mwahahhaha *snort* *snicker*

Hell no!

They are the one carrier I would actively avoid. I've never had good reception with them. I had to ask my parents to stop calling me using their Sprint cellphone cause I couldn't understand a word they said. I was so happy when they switched to Cingular, all the sudden I could understand them.

I'd consider Verizon if I were you if you are having issues with AT&T's reception.

6. AlvinNguyen thread starter macrumors 6502a

The problem with AT&T is that even though I have unlimited data with them they are so crappy in NY that you can only get signal if you're in upper east side near central park - everywhere else is a mess.

I don't care if it's LTE speed if you can't use it then it doesn't really matter. I don't think sprint will change their data plan YET because they want to draw in the customers from AT&T. I would do Verizon if they were still offering their unlimited but their pricing is $30 more per month x24 months on contract. That's a huge difference.

7. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

Keep the universal rule about cell carriers in mind, All coverages are local. If you can get decent coverage at places where you are going to use your phone than go with that carrier. I never had Spring in my life. I moved to upstate NY 5 years ago and only carrier that will work in my Apartment was Sprint so I got Sprint and I never had any issues with them. Hope this helps.