Who Are We To Believe?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Djs621, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Djs621 macrumors regular

As crazy as it seems Iphone 5 rumors are already coming in. The Iphone has a few years under it's belt and with each new version the flood of rumors pour in.

But which publication do you guys think most accurately predicts Iphone rumors? At this point I think we should be able to notice who's got the clearest crystal ball.

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

None of them silly! ;)

They are called rumors for a reason...

Anyone who breaks a true story (i.e. Gizmodo) gets cut off and never invited to another :apple: event again.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

The only one that has been consistent is ... Apple.com :cool:

4. Djs621 thread starter macrumors regular

Iphone predictions from Apple????

First of all their not a publication. 2nd they don't even acknowledge a new Iphone may exist!

5. MP4-23 macrumors newbie

You know they're joking right?

6. Djs621 thread starter macrumors regular

Tee hee

7. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I don't care about any predictions. I wait for the official announcement

8. shadrap macrumors 6502

Wall Street Journal has probably been as reliable as any.

9. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

If the iPhone 5 ends up like the iPhone 4 - Gizmodo. :p

10. pika2000 macrumors 68040

The key is not to think too hard on the rumors. Just enjoy them as they flow. :D Then when Apple's own keynote comes, you'll appreciate the new iPhone more, rather than disgruntled that it didn't have xyz that were mentioned in the rumors.

11. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors.com members have had quite a great record

12. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Keep in mind that now Apple is producing phones for two carriers. So it's likely that their product cycles are structured so that they don't give unfair advantages to either carrier.

Releasing an iPhone 5 this year would be unfair to Verizon - AT&T would most like allow early upgrades, but Verizon would not be able to so soon.

Like it was said above, rumors are just that. Speculation to draw readership to whatever site "reporting" said rumor.

13. RebeccaL, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Did you know there are more than 50 carriers that sell the iPhone in other countries. Verizon and ATT are just two of the bunch.

14. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Apple is not gonna hold back an iPhone release on this year because of verizon. That's a prediction you can count on. Why would they? People on verizon know, just like people on att know that a new iPhone is coming out in the summer, and if you get an iPhone now, you may wont be eligible for an upgrade when it drops.

15. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

Its well known that Apple's Product Roadmaps revolved around a new iteration of the iPhone every 12 months.

16. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

My thoughts are usually based upon who is all reporting on the same thing. If Macrumors reports what BGR says what The NY Times say along Macworld, if everyone is saying the same thing, it usually ends up correct. If I remember correctly, all the iPhone 4 rumors were correct (except for the iPhone in white).

17. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

That's true. But I don't know what carrier options are acquaint in other countries. And, Verizon will be the first non-GSM phone.

18. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

I agree they wouldn't hold it back, but I think it's possible they just aren't planning one to begin with. Maybe not because of Verizon itself, but for other reasons too.

If were just looking at it historically, then it won't be a full version upgrade - I think it will be a 4 with minor hardware updates. then next year will come the 5 and will level the field between AT&T and Verizon.

19. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

Precisely!

Take these with humor, you're going to read some really far fetched stuff.

The humor is terrific :)

20. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

While I see where you're coming from, you can't deny the fact that the Verizon iPhone is a MUCH bigger deal than the iPhone arriving on the numerous carriers around the world. Mainly because of the amount of attention that it has received, and (I in no way intend to sound ethnocentric when saying this) the fact that this is America. There's a reason why this country receives Apple's products first when compared to the many other countries around the world. It's a bigger deal for Apple to cater to Americans first and then to other countries, wouldn't you think? That's why Verizon and AT&T are such a big deal to Apple.

Feel free to disagree with me, this is just the way I see it.

21. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

you do understand that these so called "rumors" end up being correct many times dont you?