Who Bought MacHeist II? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GimmeSlack12, Jan 17, 2008.

?

Did you buy MacHeist II?

1. I bought MacHeist II

48.2%
  2. I bought MacHeist I

3.6%
  3. I bought MacHeist I & II

6.3%
  4. Never bought a MacHeist

42.0%
  1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I bought the first one and on this one the price for Pixelmator alone was well worth it. Though I find Speed Download and AppZapper both very useful as well. So who else bought it this go around?

2. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

When I saw Snapz Pro X as one of the apps, I bought it immediately (even though all 3 of the "locked" apps were still locked at that point. I knew we'd hit the goal to unlock them all.

Pixelmator looks cool, but I do already use Photoshop CS3, so that program wasn't such a big deal for me. I really like the look of AppZapper and Cha-ching.

I plan to use 1Password, Awaken, and probably Speed download and CSSEdit as well. The additional Wingnut game looks pretty cool, will likely try that out too.

Oh, and I bought the bundle before I owned a Mac ;) (My Mac just arrived in town a little while ago - going to pick it up in the morning! :))

-Bryan

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

I'm still thinking about it. AppZapper is pretty useless (as are most apps of that ilk - it's just as easy, and generally more efficient, to do the job manually), 1Password I already own and several of the other apps I just don't need.

However, I am tempted by Pixelmator (even though I already own photoshop), and CSSEdit may well be useful (although I already own Coda). Snapz Pro is also good stuff, although I dunno whether I'd use it.

I guess I'd better make up my mind pretty soon, though ;)

4. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I was expecting a bigger turnout on this poll, but either way. Snapz Pro (I forgot came with it) is excellent. Totally beefs-up the OS X screen shot ability. As for AppZapper I do find that sometimes uninstalling items on the Mac requires more than just tossing the Application.

5. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I'm really enjoying Taskpaper...at first I thought it would be too basic, but now I prefer it. Coversutra as well, I like it better than Synergy. CSSEdit and Pixelmator sweeten it, though I use Dreamweaver and Photoshop already.

The WingNuts game and Tiki Golf are pretty retarded though, definitely don't buy it just for that.

6. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I do not need any of the bundled applications.

7. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I have CS3 and some Macromedia stuff too, but I'm no hardcore designer or anything so I find these programs to not really be needed too often. I don't like the Coversutra program, or any of those types of programs for that matter. I had bought Barquee, but it isn't compatible with 10.5 and I haven't gotten any response from the programmers on that one. Which I find very lame.
    I agree that WingNuts and Tiki Golf are lame.

8. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I might buy it now if Vector Designer is opened up.

9. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Yes, it does, but AppZapper and the ilk tend to miss stuff too. Still just as easy to do manually.

The thing that is swinging me towards buying it, however, is Vector Designer - which is a sweet app and a great complement to PixelMator

10. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

I bought it mostly for Snapz Pro X & Cha-Ching. I will definitely try Pixelmator & hope VectorDesigner will be unlocked before the offer runs out.

11. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Then you should buy it. You'll help contribute to reaching $300,000 which is when Vector Design is opened ;)
    (Cause I want it too!!!)

12. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

Ha! Good point. :D

13. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Your logic is irrefutable. Trigger pulled =]

14. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i bought them both. or well i bought a portion of the first one really. not the complete package.

they're good deals really, so as long as you'd have a use for the apps included that would normally cost more than the package price.... buy it.

15. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

So when it reaches $300,000 everyone gets Vector Design?

Ace. Might have to buy it.

Also, have they sorted all the problems out?

16. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

Yes, everyone will get Vector Designer.

17. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Ace. I bought it, not got any of my serials yet though. Will do no doubt.

18. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Who's Ace? IslandDog?

19. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Ace is probably IslandDog's real name. I'm thinking that they know each other.

Anyway, I'm buying tonight.

20. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

Yeah, no doubt it's going to make $300,000, it's just about there.

:)

Oh, and I don't know who Ace is.

21. Pine-Tree macrumors member

Pine-Tree

I guess the vector app just 'opened' up as I was visiting the website and thinking about buying the bundle. I'm definitely going to buy it now that the last app is there.

Quick question though, I saw how you can refer the bundle to friends or other people and you get more apps that way, so I was wondering if it works both ways? For example, I'm about to buy the bundle right now, and maybe one of you guys can 'refer' me and you can get the extra apps, but will I get the apps too? If so, then the first one to send me their link will get them, any takers?

22. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

Edit: Ok, finally purchased. If you are still looking to purchase I would appreciate using my referral. :)

23. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I always wonder how much the developers of MacHeist get from these bundled apps?

Because they have made over $1 million after donations.

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

25. DaveF macrumors 6502a

Bought it! I wasn't swayed until VectorDesigner appeared (and unlocked)! I've been grumbling that I can't find a decent (<$100) graphics program for the Mac. VectorDesigner and Pixelmator should fill that need. SnapzPro is rarely useful, but I need it, this is a great tool. iStopMotion is something that I'll never use -- but I tell myself I will so getting it free is good :) And I'm looking forward to playing Tiki Golf with my wife!

Now, if only someone would use my "invite link" so I can get LaunchBar, to replace QuickSilver (which isn't working so well under Leopard).