Who bought zagg and ended up ditching it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Infinig03, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Infinig03 macrumors member

I have the front/back on my iphone4 and I'm pretty sick of it. I kno it's keeping scratches off but it's also bubbling and generally detracts from the look of the phone. It looked fine when it was first put on but it just looks rough now

So who's bought it, ripped it off and thrown their money away?

2. rleepremier macrumors member

Crumple it up and take it back to the mall. Have them
    Replace it for a new one

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I totally thought this was going to be a rant about the new owners of zagg ditching the company.

Anyway, exercise your lifetime warranty.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

zagg has new owners? maybe they will revisit their pricing.

5. chanerz macrumors 6502a

6. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

I hated the rubbery feel. After playing with a naked one in the apple store, and after the skin peeled off during a humid floridian vacation, I ordered a replacement but haven't brought myself to actually open it. It's been 3 months and thank goodness Paypal Plug-in is dead so they can't charge me for my replacement.

7. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

I got the new one made for Cases. Used it for a couple hours, hated the feel and returned it

8. Tyler76 macrumors member

Tyler76

I bought a Zagg Invisible Shield for iPod and full of fluff and not spray them out.

9. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I had it on the front and back. Then I got the SGP Oleophopic and OMG what a sweet protector!

I thought I would just keep Zagg on the back and then (I have a holster with soft fibre interior) the bloody thing peeled up on one corner....

Now I have SGP on the front and you can't even tell its on there. The Zagg still has that orange peel effect on the back and when I get my Mophie juice pack I will just stuff the phone into that and that should keep the back Zagg still intact (excepting the corner part that now has lint and crap on it).

I will never buy Zagg again though unless I am desperate to use it until my SGP gets delivered.

WW

10. iLLBehavior macrumors newbie

I had the Zagg, and the rubberyness went away after a few weeks but it takes away from the screen BIG TIME. It is not worthy enough to go on the Retina Display. ITs a CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an Oleophobic on now and Its so beautiful, all thought yes its true about the finger prints.

I went to the Mall returned it and got a brand new take home install kit just in case I ever wanted to reinstall it(fat chance). So I have a brand new 1 still instead of just throwing the money completely away.

11. mpossoff macrumors 68020

After a while you don't even know the Zagg is on. I admit at first it's horrible but after it cures it's great.

Marc

12. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

I tossed mine. What a piece of crap! AND it was 30 freaking dollars!

13. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Its actually $25 and they have 50% coupons pop up online all the time.

I have owned Zagg shields on my last 5 phones. Great protection. Once you get it on there (provided you get it on there right) you should never have to replace it.

14. perplex macrumors regular

i had one, and it was installed perfectly

i got sick of the feel of it, the wavy-ness in the texture, like orange peel skin

and then all the freaking dust it attracted, then the sides peeled from my variety of cases and turned brown and dusty at the edges.....glad i got rid of that piece of crap and got my an SGP oleophobe

15. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

I got it at the AT&T store. I coulda swore it was 30? Maybe it was 25?

16. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

17. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I didn't throw my money away. I returned it and got my money back!

Many may not agree but I find the Monoprice $2.21 shield to be of the best out there.

I have it on now and no issues.

I found what the problem with zagg was for me. It's not so much only that they suck. It's that they are rubbery and rubber stretches. No point to have a stretchy shield. Sure it can stop a pen, but even if you stab the phone with a pen and the shield is in tact the screen will be shattered.

I had the Monoprice on for about a month now and it's still day 1 great.

18. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I've bought it and trashed it 3 times. It was good until it started to get sticky and just looked bad. Now I'm good with my Otterbox Defender and no screen protector. I even cut the one out of my Otterbox.

19. mastershakess macrumors 6502

20. asr10 user macrumors regular

Trashed mine. I swear by some 3 for $1 protectors I got on ebay.

21. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Switched the zagg for ghost armour. Will never use zagg again. Liked nothing about it.

22. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Ah....may have been $30 there. AT&T Store seems to put a pretty good markup on just about everything when it comes to accessories.

23. rust0r macrumors member

Had it on for a bit, ordered a Power Support Crystal, it's amazing how TERRIBLE the Zagg made the screen look when placed next to another iPhone, the PS Crystal is amazing, can't even tell it's on there and it doesn't have the rubbery feel

+1 for Power Support Crystal

24. Infinig03 thread starter macrumors member

Yea I paid $30 at bestbuy and the $10 to have it put on. Well past the return period so no refunds. Snarf snarf.....I might do one warranty replacement just to get my moneys worth but you can mark me down as HIGHLY DISSATISFIED :(

25. theiphoneaddict macrumors newbie

theiphoneaddict

Zagg....not as good as it sounds

I had about three on my iPhone 4 and have removed every one of them. The either have scratched of got some kind of permanent marking that wont wipe off, or the screen protector does not stay put, it moves around and gets out of alignment especially around the home button and speaker. Using a power support now and considering going without a screen protector in my piel frama classic magnetic.