Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John_R

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2023
I've noticed for the last few days my wordpress site won't update the site RSS feeds, it just throws this error, as per the attached screenshot. It had been working fine for years.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 10.38.00 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 10.38.00 am.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 98

John_R

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2023
Well it certainly doesn't work with either RSS Feed Retriever or WP RSS Aggregator. Please bear in mind this is relative to wordpress, not some disparate random third party app.

Mousit

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2010
USA
I am also receiving an HTTP 403 (which means Forbidden, btw. Blocked.) error in my RSS reader. I use Tiny Tiny RSS. It's been unable to pull the MacRumors feed since last Thursday, while all my other feeds continue to work normally.

And likewise, I've been using this setup for many years now and haven't made any changes on my side. TT-RSS itself hasn't had an update in a couple months, so this block is unlikely to have been anything changing on my side.

Reactions: John_R

Mousit

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2010
USA
Just from your little screenshot, that initial snippet of HTML it says that it received from the server, I already know from my own testing that that's the initial lines of the 403 message that Cloudflare gives when it blocks you. There's another current post from icanhazmac that they're receiving Cloudflare blocks directly from their browser.

Seems like the Cloudflare security/protection settings are too aggressive. Wondering if MacRumors web admin did any tweaking last week.

Reactions: John_R

Mousit

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2010
USA
@Weaselboy @chown33 The site might want to take a look at Cloudflare security/protection settings, especially if they were modified last week. This post and icanhazmac's post are all Cloudflare blocks. Even though one's browser and the other is regarding RSS feeds, they're likely related/connected what with Cloudflare being the common factor.

Reactions: icanhazmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.