Who Buys, fixes, and sells iPhones here? ROLL CALL!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IpadSC400, Dec 26, 2013.

1. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

You read it. Who buys, repairs, and sells iPhones here for a "living".

I buy large lots of them on eBay, then either fix them up, or sell them as-is, preferably in large lots, like how I got them. Say, and 8gb white iPhone 4 with a crack in the screen. Buzzer doesnt work. Spend 21 bucks on a new screen? No way. Slap it in with the lot of 20 iPhone 4's you were about to sell. The more the merrier, the merrier the money. :D

Just a roll call for the iPhone fixers. We can discuss tips, tricks, ideas, and other things.

Mods, please LMK if you're going to close this thread or why you would...IDK why you would...but LMK anyways...

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You actually get more money selling a lot of 20 broken iPhones than each individually? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

I know a few members' side business got ruined when the $2 per unlock days ended, as they used to buy at&t-locked iPhones off CL, unlock them on the cheap, and sell them on ebay for profits.

3. IpadSC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Actually, I prefer selling them with problems. See, these iPhones I get are not snow angels. They have been tampered with by somebody who doesn't know which side of the screwdriver to hold, or so it seems. There are screws, EMI sheilds, camera's, buzzer motors ect that are broken or completely gone as well as a lot of screws. I know I can get these parts for next to notjing off of eBay but then there's the waiting...and the waiting...then, you figure out that the wifi is grayed out, so you might as well sell the phone for 50 bucks. Also, ones that have been tampered with as much as some of the ones I get in, I am afraid to sell it to somebody working, then they open it, and find out there is more than half of the screws that are missing, then wanting a return.

There are some iPhones so messed up that the static chip shields are completely removed which exposes the processor chip to anything.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Interesting that people pay more for a lot of 20 destroyed iPhones than individually.

5. IpadSC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

I think it's due to the fact of "wow, I get 20 iPhones!" The more professional people only buy them if it's less than 100 bucks each.

6. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I fix iPhones, but only as a hobby for friends and certain people. I've become very good at it, but would not do it for a business. On the other hand, my clientele has been giving me extra money or edible goods on top of parts cost, and being very insistent on it (or else I would not accept) so it's almost like a business to me.

Also, I digress, I just updated my iPad to 7.0.4 for the latest jailbreak, and I can't get SwipeSelection to work. You have no idea what a pain it was to type up my above comment without it. :/ Just venting. Sent from my iPad.

7. IpadSC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

A hobby is fine. It's a hobby for me as well. Not an all out business, I buy, fix, and sell at my own lesiure.