Who buys used Macs?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by capriseyhaze, Jul 18, 2009.

1. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

Im trying to sell my 24" 2.8ghz Imac to one of those companies that buy used electronics off of people. So my question is, can anyone recommend a good website to sell it to. Preferably one who specializes in macs and that you or somebody you know has used. No sketchy websites please. thanks in advance.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You should sell it locally on craigslist. Then you can ask any price you want for it, and not be ripped off by some company. :)

3. capriseyhaze thread starter macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

i had listed it on CL but i was getting sooooo many nigerian scammers. plus i live in a more isolated section of florida so not many people check my section of CL so i really need a website. and ebay is out of the question because i just dont feel like shipping that big ole thing lol.

4. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

+1 for Craigslist, meet in a place like Starbucks and bring a friend/relative.

5. suMMx macrumors regular

list it on craigslist and specify that you want to deal locally and with cash only. Also don't overprice it, people are looking for a deal and you're looking to sell. If you're concerned about your safety, sell it at a public place like a starbucks or a mcdonalds. Selling locally like this is the best way to go, no shipping and no selling fees.

6. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

http://www.powermax.com/

I don't know if this site is reliable, you can research about this website, they offer trade ins. I've heard people talking about this website on these forums before.

7. capriseyhaze thread starter macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

im not worried about my safety im a licensed gun carrier lol. but all i get is messages from nigerians talking about "im not in state right now, so i will send you extra $150 to ship to me". then they go on with all the scamming talking about paying me with money orders which are fake just a whole lot of scamming.

8. capriseyhaze thread starter macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

well i guess im going to go the ebay route. thanks guys.

9. MacBOS macrumors 6502

MacBOS

yea I was about to say ebay. that shod have ben your first call.