Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uber gorilla

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Can somebody please advise me on how to update Leopard to the latest version (10.5.2)?

I've gone to the Software Update application and searched for the update, and then clicked install. Once it's downloaded, I am required to restart my MBA, and it then obviously goes to the screen where it shows the installation progress for the update.

...However, the progress bar stops quite early and doesn't move any further, and indicates that it is "configuring installation" but doesn't go any further than that. I've left it for up to 20 minutes, and there's no joy. So I have to restart my computer by holding down the power button.

In the words of Marvin Gaye, what's going on?

grandeabc

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
Opps my friend had the same problem. The solution is do not use the Software Update application. Just go to the Apple.com, search the 10.5.2 update, and download it mannually. Once the download is complete, just opened and it will start the update.
I understand that for some reason in your connection, the SOftware Update application couldn't do a complete download, thus it will never update.
Hope this help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.