Who can't wait to answer the phone in the shower?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by KauaiBruce, Mar 9, 2015.

1. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

With the wifi use within the house my watch will see everything no matter where I have my phone. It WILL be nice not having to get out of the shower when the phone rings. Nothing worse than being in the bathroom when the phone rings in another room. We will be able to immediately know if it is important enough to disturb whatever you are doing at the time.

Also people will FREAK OUT when you answer in the shower because that will kill just about any phone. :eek::eek::p:p

2. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i don't plan to wear my apple watch in the shower.... i don't even wear my 200 meter watch in the shower....

3. AT101ET macrumors 6502

You could always get a waterproof case or bag for your phone that allows you to use it in the shower.
    If your main attraction to the apple watch it that then I suggest you just buy a waterproof case and save $300 ;)

Seriously though, it's cool but not such a major feature.

4. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I already wear my Pebble in the shower at the gym all the time. I am amazed that I see notifications on it. It is handy to know I got a text even though there is nothing I can do about it until I get to my phone.

It goes through a concrete wall with no problem.

5. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I've got some bad news for you. Rich people don't shower. They bathe with their butler standing next to the clawfoot tub. If he's a good butler, he'll keep your phone dry while you take calls. That is how true Apple customers roll!

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If people can't wait 10 minutes for you to call them back, you need better friends or coworkers. I think it's OK to disconnect in a shower. This is why voicemail was invented.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I already have a waterproof phone where I could if I wanted to, why you would want to is a question that I don't have an answer to though.

8. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i don't want someone bothering me in the shower.

9. gcrr macrumors regular

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Replying to a message will be nice. I have a pebble now and when it vibrates I just want to jump out of the shower. It seems like people call as soon as I step foot in the shower.

11. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

You can buy these things called "Answerphones"
    Amazing new invention, you should investigate one :p

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So, Piggie, did you make a pigsty in your pants when you heard the prices of the Edition models?

13. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Actually I thought it was really funny.
    Apple has handed the market to the competition on a plate here.

I imagined other brands were sitting there, pooing themselves thinking we are never going to be able to compete with this, Apple are going to come in and kill any chance we have.

Instead, they are probably throwing a party now in celebration as the competition has such a massive area to work in now price wise.

14. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I'm sure the other person wants to hear the sound of water in the shower as they talk to you....

15. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

I was under the understanding that you weren't supposed to swim or shower with the watch. I thought I read somewhere that it was merely resistant enough for washing your hands if some water splashed onto it Could be wrong but that's what I think I heard.

16. troop231 macrumors 603

I'm the only one with a showerhead that has a mute feature? :p

17. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

I hate to disappoint, but capacitive touch doesn't work terribly well in water. That is why I don't really understand why people would want to use it in wet conditions. Any input that couldn't be done with the crown would be pretty tough to accomplish.