Who copped out? What accessories did you order?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tillsbury, Apr 10, 2015.

1. tillsbury macrumors 65816

I'm not going to be needing to use an external monitor with this MacBook, so didn't bother with the big adaptors. I plan on picking up a docking station sort of thing, preferably with ethernet, internal hard disk, and a bunch of USB3 ports on it, and having that under my desk with a single cable to the MB.

But I did chicken out, and ordered a USB-C to USB connector with my MB. I might want to use it to do certain stuff... not sure what yet.

What did you get, if anything?

2. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

I got a USB-C to USB-A adapter from Google Store, and a sleeve from Amazon. I will buy an extra charge cable (I forgot yesterday), and an extension cable when they come out. That's it, until I go back home later this year, and I will buy a charger there so I have the correct wall plug.

3. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

I ordered an extra power adapter and a USB-c to USB-A adapter from Apple.

4. iDave macrumors 6502a

I ordered Apple's USB-C to USB adapter for $19 but I'll rarely use it. I don't normally connect things to my laptop.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Is using an adapter considered to be copping out? I really only need one to connect my phone and my Blu-ray drive.

I wonder when Belkin's cables will be available. The Kickstarter project InfiniteUSB is also supposed to put out a USB-C version today.

6. djbuu macrumors member

I had adapters in my cart ready to order and removed them all at the last minute. I wanted them "just in case" and honest I threw caution to the wind and am all in for the new way of doing things.

7. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

I got the $19 USB-C adapter, and a suede sleeve from SFBags.

8. Mindinversion macrumors 6502

Mindinversion

I got the $19 adapter. Backwards compatibility with USB 3.0/2.0 can't hurt :)

I don't need external display capability, that's what my rImac is for :D

I am looking for a good USB 3.1 to male usb 3.0 cable that's not too expensive and in stock. It'd be nice to recharge with my battery pack...

9. jimbo1mcm, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Got an extra charger and charging cable. Also got a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse. I will compare the Logitech to the Apple Magic Mouse.

10. Elise macrumors 6502

I will probably buy an extra charger and keep it at work. Looking for a nice sleeve now. Exciting! :D

11. MyopicPaideia macrumors 68000

MyopicPaideia

I was hoping Incase was going to come out with a Sling Sleeve briefcase bag for the 12" MB, I've been using that bag in the 11" MBA version for 4 years, and it has been awesome.

Looks like sfbags has the Zip Brief 12" MB bab that I can get in black leather/black nylon that is of a similar form factor, but almost 3x the price!

Will get an extra charger and cable for the home office, and a C-->A adapter as I do on ocassion need to charge an iDevice. Hmmm...that's actually less than I carry now with my 11" MBA...interesting that I will be carrying less cables and adapters while at the same time have fewer port options.