Who could NOT live without their MBP's multitouch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrsir2009, Oct 22, 2010.

1. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Who could NOT live without their MBP's multitouch? I certainly could not live without the scrolling alone. And I won't even mention the back and fwd gestures in web browsers ;)

What about you guys?

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

ME! When I got my MacBook without a screen, which is now a desktop in clamshell mode... I use the trackpad, and get frustrated when I can't swipe 3 fingers to go back a page on chrome. I may end up getting a magic trackpad...

3. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

When I sold my MacBook a couple of years ago and replaced it with a Windows laptop, I think the one thing I missed the most was the two-finger scrolling on the Mac.

Since they started updating the trackpads in 2009, I now also cannot live without three-finger back/forward.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Try this:
    1. Don't use multitouch for 1 hour
    2. Check your pulse
    I think you'll find everyone can live without multitouch. :D

I very rarely ever use it... or even touch my trackpad. A mouse is much more efficient for most things. YMMV

5. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

Last time I stopped using multitouch for a while my pulse didn't change. But my blood pressure surely did.

6. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I love multi touch so much that when I decided to use my 2010 MBP 15" in clamshell mode with a 23" Samsung monitor and Apple wireless keyboard, I had to have the Magic Mouse so that I could still use the MultiTouch features...paired with BTT it is truly amazing...:)

7. mrsir2009 thread starter macrumors 604

mrsir2009

The 2 finger scrolling and the 3 finger back and fwd in browsers - Those two features I use every minute I'm on my MBP :D

8. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

9. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I use the 2 finger scrolling, but didn't know about the 3 finger back/forward in web browsers.

I also use the 4 finger swipe up/down all the time.

10. mrsir2009 thread starter macrumors 604

mrsir2009

You should try it - it makes web browsing a breeeezzze!

11. jmdMac macrumors regular

I would be a least 80% LESS productive without multitouch. Even when I have to use another laptop for just a short time, it just feels so wrong. :apple:

12. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

It's definitely THE feature that makes me by a MAC laptop over a PC laptop.

+1

I struggle with other trackpads now.

13. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

I agree in part. I use my MBP hooked up to a display screen. Between my keyboard and Magic Mouse, I am much more effective and efficient than jsut using the MBP with trackpad. Although, I do like and use the scroll and swipe gestures with the MM.

14. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Best part is the trackpad, srsly. I just wish it was bigger, bout 25% more bigger.

15. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

Due to room renovations, I have had to sit at a dining room table with my MBP for the last two months. I haven't touched a mouse in those two months. I love the two finger scrolling and the Exposé swipe. If I was on my old Toshiba, I would have never even touched the trackpad this whole time.

16. temiller macrumors member

I rarely use my Windows PC anymore because I love the trackpad so much.

Last time I visited my parents, I left my MBP in my room, and wanted to check something really quick, so I grabbed my moms laptop. The trackpad on her toshiba was substantially smaller than I remembered laptops to have. Having to click both buttons at the bottom to right click frustrated me. Its weird, mainly because for the last 5 or 6 years I've had two different HP laptops, and I thought the transition to a mac would be to much of a hassle. Now if I was to transfer back to a Windows laptop, I would go crazy from the loss of productivity.

I actually find myself using a computer less than I would with my old laptops. It could be because I can do things much faster now, or that I've lost interest on some of the things on the internet. But hands down, loosing my trackpad wouldn't kill me, but I would loose interest in using a computer for a while.

17. therocket macrumors member

hahaha,
    Sorry if the first part of my post appears that i am a trollin, but honestly, with the amount of features that apple COULD include with the multitouch trackpad/mouse, they havent even come close to par with what they have.

Ya sure, the productivity of 2 finger scrolling, 3/4 finger swipes are great but just imagine what else could be added. I am sure that OSX Lion will probably include many new gestures but i wont be needing them... I already have them
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you truly love your multitouch device, then you should totaly download this cool app. it is called Jitouch, you can find it here: jitouch.com
    There are so many "new" gestures that you will think, why hasnt apple used any of these??? Plus the Character Recognition will prove to be SOOOO handy once you get used to the new gestures and you start making your own commands.

If I had to recommend any app for anyone that has a new MB/MBP/MTP/MM, this would be it!!! It is free, but i would totally recommend buying a licence key to support these developers, they deserve it.

Now I can say i could not live without my multitouch trackpad!

18. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

pretty much. Anytime I use a windows laptop sans multitouch it makes me want to hit something. Would I die without it? no, but I'd just use a mouse in that case.

19. mrsir2009 thread starter macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It makes me anrgy when 11 netbooks at school have a trackpad a 6th of the size of the MBP and MPA...

20. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

Dont get me started. When I first got my MBP I was like, multi touch wont matter since I wont use it....

Know when I use my windows laptop for something, i always find myself trying to use expose, spaces, 2 finger scrolling and my multi touch gestures set up with bettertouchtool.

Multi touch is amazing!

21. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

I was in Best Buy and I saw an older couple speaking with an employee who was trying to teach them all the multi-touch controls on a MBP. They seemed intimidated with all the "learning" they would have to do. I told one of them that they would get used to it and it would be embedded into their mind in less than an hours use.

22. zeppo2 macrumors member

I used the 5 finger swipe to acquire my MBP in the first place. And it worked great!

That old lady never even saw me coming.

23. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

24. Wattser93 macrumors regular

Truly amazing, just downloaded and couldn't be happier.

25. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

I could not live without it.
    When I have my MBP on a mStand I always found myself reaching up to use the trackpad, even though I already had a magic mouse.
    Now they have released the magic trackpad, I never have to reach up anymore. Multitouch is just awesome :D