Who do you get your physical features/traits from?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by luminosity, Jan 12, 2008.

1. luminosity macrumors 65816

luminosity

I've long been fascinated by the myriad of physical traits we all have and get from our parents and their parents (and so on). Every person is a cobbling together of a ton of genetic stuff, and the results are often unexpected (to say the least).

I have my dad's chin and jaw, but my maternal grandfather's eyes and cheeks, for example. I definitely have my mother's more slender build (despite being a guy), and my hair genes seem to come from her as well (thick dark brown, as opposed to my dad's thinner hair, even in his younger days). I'm also not losing any of it! :p

What sort of traits do you see in yourself and who do you get them from?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've definitely got more stuff off my mums side of the family. I share their thick hair, cheek bone, eyes. But with my dads chin.

Apparently I look the spit of my mums cousin, even got my mums other cousin's attitude and humour.

Whereas my cousin, his half-brother and dad all look and sound the same.

There's a little odd bit too. There was a girl on my course at college, we had the same birthday and again shared the same humour. Almost like twins if not for the year age gap.

3. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Good looks from my mom. Big muscles from my dad.

4. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I look quite a lot like our milkman for some reason!

5. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

Comparing pictures from our youth, I look alot like my father and his father. I just hope I will end up more like my mother's father once I get older... ;)

6. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I look extremely similar to my mom, with my dad's coloring (blonde hair, blue eyes). I have similar personality traits with my dad (too many, she says sometimes :p). Not very detail-oriented, organized but not a neat freak, logical, stubborn, same sense of humor.

7. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I look more like my dad, older brother looks more like our mom.

8. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

People say I look like the postman :D joking aside, I'm look very much like my Dad, pity really as he was bald by the time he was 40 and I'm only 2 years away from hitting 40