Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
ey you all have forgotten one person , the one who made the Apple I & II happen

the Co founder of Apple the other Steve ...Wozniak

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
What a nonsensical question.

Tim Cook IS the CEO

IS a great one, who will only get better.

Surely the OP has better things to do than to post this minutia.

kdarling

macrumors P6
As Woz put it today, Jobs was not a technical minded person. He hired others to do design, engineering, and development... he just wanted to make the choices as to what would sell. It was certainly something that he grew to be good at.

So I think in a major way that's who Apple needs to replace him: someone who does not know enough to think that something is too difficult to attempt. Someone is as baffled and wowed by technology as his customers. Someone who wants their devices to be stylish and easy to use.

Take someone like that, then give them near absolute power over styling and usability decisions. That's critical, because design by committee is almost always a death sentence for a product.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
As Woz put it today, Jobs was not a technical minded person. He hired others to do design, engineering, and development... he just wanted to make the choices as to what would sell. It was certainly something that he grew to be good at.

So I think in a major way that's who Apple needs to replace him: someone who does not know enough to think that something is too difficult to attempt. Someone is as baffled and wowed by technology as his customers. Someone who wants their devices to be stylish and easy to use.

Take someone like that, then give them near absolute power over styling and usability decisions. That's critical, because design by committee is almost always a death sentence for a product.

i have to agree there if we ask a committee we could as well aks here in the forum how a new Mac should look and function , and maybe in 10 years time we get to a prototype stage if we are lucky :rolleyes:

and i have to agree Steve Jobs was on every introduction of a new Apple product like a child on boxing day ,totally exited about the new product

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.