Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wetrollerskate

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
I’m on my fourth replacement with a Sky Blue 256GB and I had a bleed on the exact same spot for all four. I really love this device and want to keep it and I’m hesitant if I should continue returning it.

Please comment and provide pictures if you don’t have bleeding on the new Air.

• Wow
Reactions: George Dawes

kristalsoldier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2013
I’m on my fourth replacement with a Sky Blue 256GB and I had a bleed on the exact same spot for all four. I really love this device and want to keep it and I’m hesitant if I should continue returning it.

Please comment and provide pictures if you don’t have bleeding on the new Air.
You are kidding, right? 4th replacement??

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
If it isn’t noticeable in scenarios that the iPad would normally be used then I wouldn’t consider it a problem. If you usually have your iPad at 80%+ brightness for example and it’s visible then perhaps you’d benefit from waiting for refurbs when any display problems have hopefully been resolved (and saving some cash in the process too.)

I wouldn’t continually return in the current climate. There seems to be an iPad shortage and every return prevents someone else from being able to get hold of one, because it will be months before it can be resold.

Last edited:

dantay

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2006
UK
I return my first unit due to very noticeable bleed, second unit is a lot better so I’m keeping it. They all seem to have a pinch spot 1/3 up the right hand side in portrait but only just visible at max brightness.

I wouldn’t listen to anyone saying don’t return it, it’s your money and it’s up to you regardless of lead times for other customers......I mean, come on.

frevali

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2020
I don’t have it with my new Air 64Gb. Didn’t notice it at all but checked it for you after reading these comments about it on the forum.
Also my brightness is most of the time in the 20-40% zone, so it wouldn’t bother me at all if there was some bleeding at 100%.

Reactions: wetrollerskate

w_aldo

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2018
Stockton-on-Tees, UK
Went through two (Apple certified refurbished) iPad Pro 2018 units. They both had the same backlight bleed. Decided just to save my money and keep my current iPad.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Or you could just give a constructive answer if that’s within your grasp.
That was my answer. I believe this thread to be exactly what I said it was. Most people are smart enough to get it after 1-2 replacements that a device has a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: G5isAlive

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Pics or you’re projecting your life’s problems into your iPad
Agreed. This forum loves to spend insane amounts of time worrying over slight imperfections of their devices. Granted, some devices have problems. Remember the light bleeding of iPad 3? That was BAD. That said, one can get caught up trying to find imperfections - to the point where they can't even enjoy their device - so much so that had they not even read the thread, they'd be enjoying their device as we speak lol.

dantay

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2006
UK
That was my answer. I believe this thread to be exactly what I said it was. Most people are smart enough to get it after 1-2 replacements that a device has a problem. Now, was that hard to grasp?
It’s not an answer it’s an opinion.

if you have nothing constructive to add don’t bother, I hope that’s within your grasp.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
It’s incredible that such defects are accepted by some, and have fanboys criticize someone who has worked hard for their money only to want something acceptable from a 2 trillion dollar company.
And that's why Apple let them switch it out 4 TIMES. And if this person still doesn't like their device, they'll be able to return it.

What's incredible is that you feel the need to bash fanboys on an ... APPLE forum.

Apple will let this person get their money back if they're not satisfied. But to do this 4 times is going on a bit much. Most reasonable people won't do this.

wetrollerskate

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
Okay I understand that this continuous replacement might be obsessive and reading this forum doesn’t really help with that. But really it is noticable when you watch movies, and I see it at lower brightness levels and in daylight as well.

I just want to see pictures of someone with NO bleed, which I haven’t seen yet.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
And that's why Apple let them switch it out 4 TIMES. And if this person still doesn't like their device, they'll be able to return it.

What's incredible is that you feel the need to bash fanboys on an ... APPLE forum.

Apple will let this person get their money back if they're not satisfied. But to do this 4 times is going on a bit much. Most reasonable people won't do this.
I am not bashing anyone I am stating a fact, I am a huge Apple consumer so that point is moot.

Zazoh

macrumors 65832
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
iPad Gen 4 Air, no bleed using YouTube black video at 100%. But who does that? That video was boring as hell. And 100%, hey my iPad battery is defective, it only last two hours.

Peeps, come on. I know. It’s my fault. I keep getting lured into these discussions.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Okay I understand that this continuous replacement might be obsessive and reading this forum doesn’t really help with that. But really it is noticable when you watch movies, and I see it at lower brightness levels and in daylight as well.

Does this happen in certain apps? Watching videos or mostly static images like text?

Maybe try a different Apple Store with different stock? Most Apple stores are super lit so it's hard to get light bleed to show until you get home.

I do a lot of device usage in dark areas so that would bother the heck out of me if I had these problems. I hope you find a way to resolve it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.