Who doesn't use a case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by halisray, Aug 16, 2010.

1. halisray macrumors regular

Curious to know who doesn't use one? and your reason why?

I'm still waiting on my goddamn case to be shipped..

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I don't use one cause I have insurance on it. So Im not to worried if I break it.

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Not using a case, just a back film (Wrapsol) and front screen protector (SGP Oleo). Works out pretty well and I like to preserve the iPhone's shape/contour.

4. egk69 macrumors 6502

I didnt use a case for 1 day and i was all the time scared cause i didnt want to drop it and shatter it!

+ its easy to replicate the DeathGrip on real life normal usage without any case, I've never drop a call but it did drop bars :p

now i have 2 cases and im not worried anymore...

5. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Use the search function on this forum for the answer to this. There are NUMEROUS threads on this exact thing.

6. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

My phone with the Zagg skin doesn't fit in TPU cases. The Zagg skin is too sticky. I have a matte skin coming though. I hope it will be better

7. AC202 macrumors member

As of now I only have BSE side+back and SGP Oleo on front.

Originally planned on using a case regardless, but after I actually got the phone, I'm now having second thoughts. Obviously I'd still be somewhat paranoid about dropping it with skin-only protection, but right now my setup works!

8. applekiwipeach macrumors member

Hand up here :D

I have SGP Oleo on the front and Zagg on the back, corners, and the "death grip" streak.

I used to have a cheapo case on, but took it off cos I could no longer stand the toyish look. I'm waiting for my free case to arrive, but have already gotten used to enjoy its naked look. Not sure if I'll even use the free case.

I put my iPhone in a zipped pocket of my handbag when I'm out, and when I'm indoor, I'm pretty careful of where I put it. So I feel pretty OK about its safety (knocking on wood), but I'm not sure about what guys do, since guys don't carry around a bag all the time.... lol....

9. Enad macrumors newbie

Enad

none

No case at all, stopped using the bumper. No film front or back. Just like the feel of the phone itself.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Yeah another naked thread almost as common as the Verizon threads!

So Who's Naked??
    [​IMG]

Me I go both ways! :p

With and with out Case!

11. eleven7 macrumors regular

I don't use a cover.

I honestly can't see the point in messing up a nicely designed phone with some cheap, ugly covering. I doubt most of the covers are going to do much more than protect the phone from anything more than scratches, and what's the point of that? ...so you can have a scratch free phone sitting on your shelf when you upgrade to the latest model the following year. Cool.

In the end, to me it's just a cellphone. You don't see people with their blackberries/nokia etc all covered up like it's their precious newborn baby, what makes the iPhone so special? Just look after it like you would any other phone and it'll last :)

12. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

13. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

I have a bumper that I put on sometimes. I just really prefer it nekkid and I am careful with my electronics so drops and scratches are a non issue.

14. meistervu macrumors 65816

I am not using a case so far. I have a Beyza pouch that I use from time to time mostly for transport, but I wouldn't consider it a case: I can't use the phone inside the pouch (except when I am in my car and the hand free speaker takes over).

While I love using the iP4 without a case, I think I would prefer the more rounded edges, so I am still searching for a case that looks and feel good in my hand. Wood would be nice, but they tend to cost a lot and seem bulky. I am considering making my own, but haven't come up with a good design that I can do with the tools I have.

Anyway, it's a shame to cover up such a beautiful design. If I am going do it, I think the case has to compliment the phone.

15. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

A quality case, like an incase slider or even better, an otterbox, will most certainly offer significant drop protection.

A naked iPhone 4 is fairly likely to chip or shatter if dropped a few times, in a good case the odds are the phone will be fine.

Hope you don't find out the hard way.

Many other phones are mostly plastic, which handles impacts well, the iPhone is glass and steel, neither of which fare well when dropped on hard surfaces. So yes, in this sense, they are a bit more precious, and benefit from a little coddling.

16. nohite macrumors member

I have the bumper and an incase snap case (both free fromApple). But I use the case naked 90% of the time. Drop on concrete naked twice and have a scratch in the back from the first drop and nothing bad the 2nd time. Still, this hasn't stopped me from carrying the iPhone without a case!

17. efardo macrumors newbie

I'm only using a Stealthguard protector on the backside of my iPhone 4...

18. cYbernation macrumors newbie

I'm only using a sleeve while it's in my pocket. Bought the SGP EX ultra crystal protector set but didn't like the feel at all. Ripped them off after 3 days.
    Money well spend... :p

19. yamabushi macrumors 65816

yamabushi

My 3GS has no case or screen protector of any kind. Been sitting in my pocket next to my keys and loose change for over a year. The back of the case has some barely visible scratches that don't bother me. The screen looks fine. One tiny scratch in the glass only noticeable if I squint really hard with the phone off and screen dark. Can't see any scratches when I hold the phone at a normal viewing distance from my eyes. Only reason I have considered a case is to perhaps reduce it's tendency to slip out of my pocket when I sit down. Not concerned about resale value as it will likely become a gift for someone when I eventually replace it.

20. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

I use the iPhone bumper but really want to go naked! It's a beautiful phone and I really hate having it covered up.

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

I am going case-less for the time being, but do feel the bumper make it more comfortable to hold. I might put it on for that reason alone, dropping the phone on hard ground as secondary. I presently have a leather look SPG on the back and am waiting for new front skins to arrive.

22. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I don't use one because it takes away too much of the look of the phone.

I've had skins on the back aswell but decided to take them off because i don't like the look of them.

Got a clear protector on the front and back now with white lucky labs on the side!! :)

23. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

24. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I own a bumper but I rarely use it (although I do) most of the time though I am an uninsured iphone nudist.

25. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I hope you protect your modesty while your out :p