Who Donates to Dev Members?

ajohansson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I just made my first donation to pod2g for his JB for A4 devices. Does anybody else make donations? I donated 5 Eu to him.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
I've read where these guys get less than $1k in donations in a year, so the answer is really no one does...

If the total number of jail broken devices reported is accurate, and every one of you gave just $1, there would be several dozen top programmers working on jail breaking iOS full time...

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I've read where these guys get less than $1k in donations in a year, so the answer is really no one does...

If the total number of jail broken devices reported is accurate, and every one of you gave just $1, there would be several dozen top programmers working on jail breaking iOS full time...
Have you made any money from the jb scene?

Comex: I’ve made a good amount of money through donations, which is mostly being used to help pay for college. JailbreakMe 2.0 was like $40,000; 3.0 was $15,000.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
1st pod2g is not part of the dev-team. They never take donations. But nothing wrong with supporting independent hackers like pod2g or comex when he was doing it. The dev-team is ok with a simple modest request for donation or support. Pod2g was working with chronic at one time but left. The dev-team it's self hasn't changed much over the years. The list is right on there blog site.

that sajd I gave him $5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.