who else besides apple will carry ipad wifi?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tbluhp, Mar 21, 2010.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

Other then apple what other retailers will carry this amazing devices? The only place I found was apple :( I was hoping to buy one from Bestbuy in May.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Best Buy is likely to have them. Some dude claims his dad delivered a box to them which could be iPads or he could be full of ****, but either way, Best Buy may have them.

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Maybe AT&T stores since its their network it will work on.

4. MikhailT macrumors 601

Any stores that carry iPod Touch and iPhones will carry iPad, just not initially. I suspect they'll start selling shortly after the launch day.

AT&T will most likely just carry the iPad 3G only but might not sell it at all since there's practically no involvement required with AT&T.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I was at a Best Buy a few days ago here in Modesto, Ca and I had a chance to ask the Manager if they would be carrying the iPad (my cousin was applying for a credit card and the manager happen to be assisting us), she told us that she had just had a meeting about that, and that Yes they would be selling the iPad, but just not a launch.

She was told by Best Buy HQ that Apple wants to be the only seller initially and that later on at some point they will allow other venders to carry it, but was not given a time frame.

6. WLS macrumors 65816

Pretty sure Amazon will carry them too, just not on launch day but in a week or so following. not so sure about the 3g model though.

7. MikhailT macrumors 601

Yea they will. Even Verizon could sell iPad 3Gs with their 3G Mifi devices if they want to.

There's no AT&T involvement with getting 3G on iPad. Apple will handle all the work for you. You just enter which plan, which credit card in the 3G settings on the iPad and it's all done. No contract. Which means any store can sell it.

8. GadgetX macrumors regular

eBay's already selling them. They just wont ship till launch day ;)

9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

iPad Wifi? Any Wifi should work. Several businesses and universities offer Wifi. Your home Wifi should also work. Drive around your neighborhood looking for access points if you don't have your own. The iPad should be great in your car. You won't need "special" iPad Wifi though. ;)

sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

10. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

I dno't know how the American market works, but why wouldn't any store that retails iPods stock them? (at least after a while.)

11. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

it's a too bad they won't discount them for the apple education store.

12. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

13. francisq macrumors member

Best Buy and AT&T most likely. Walmart will likely follow soon.