Who else bought a 13" MBP just before the 13"RMBP got released?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shenfrey, Feb 20, 2013.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I am not to bummed, because in hindsight the extra resolution isn't really a big deal for me as I have high res displays on my PCS and iMacs, so not really missing it too much. However had I known I would probably bought the retina one just because I could, i mean why not?

2. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Feel like everyone knew a 13inch retina was coming out... If you didnt then your eyes were closed. So its more the matter of If you wanted to wait or not.

plus when the 13r was released the Air or classic pro were a much smarter and better buy.

1699 for that computer was insane

3. trims macrumors regular

One major advantage of your MBP is that you'll be able to upgrade it over time - unlike the MBA or RMBP.

I've just upgraded a mid-2009 MBP, with 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD + OS X Mountain Lion. The Geekbench score remains around 3300, governed by the Core 2 Duo, but everything just feels so crisp and taut and new. Certainly doesn't feel like a 4 year old computer!

4. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

The geekbench thing is a little silly. It's tests or so linear that even though you have a well running machine it will give very basic values, I find it rather silly to worry about geek bench scores too much.

5. Essenar macrumors 6502a

Geek bench might as well be a score based on SKU check.

Anyway I got my Classic Pro in September, had a feeling the Retina was coming. When I realized the Retina would have the same specs as the Classic, I bit on the classic.

Since then I've bought 16GB of DDR3 1600 ram, a 750GB Momentus XT and this thing flies. I have a 24" Asus monitor at home so I'm not lacking an HD screen at all.

The upgrades, screen and Bluetooth keyboard which also gets use with my iPad, totaled less than the Retina 13 base.