Who else doesn't live anywhere near an Apple or ATT store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xenotaku, Jun 14, 2008.

1. xenotaku macrumors regular

2. alejovh1 macrumors regular

3. thevibesman macrumors regular

Do you live in an AT&T coverage area? If not, be careful how much of your time you spend roaming. I don't know how long it takes them to notice, but when I was in school, I was on a AT&T family plan even though I was the only one technically in a coverage area (my family is from midcoast Maine and not only did I have bad service from U.S. Cellular in the Boston area, but we were sick of being paying for U.S. Cellular or Unicell's awful plans). It worked out great for a while until AT&T saw how many of our minutes (mom+dad+sister) were out of coverage area and kicked us off. If we didn't leave immediately, they said they wouldn't port our numbers either (sounded just like a threat to me, but we switched to T-Mobile soon after that).

I think it took a couple years for them to find out. Now that I think about it they may have waited until we were no longer under contract to do it, I am not sure. Just a warning though. I know when I get an iPhone sometime after the 3G comes out I plan to move to my own cell plan because it would really suck to buy a 3G iPhone and then get kicked off AT&T.

4. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

You better hope they allow online orders or you will have to take a road trip!

5. newyorksole macrumors 68020

My nearest Apple Store is 10 minutes away and nearest AT&T store is about 5, sucks that you live in such a desolate area.

6. PAH Mac macrumors member

I live in a rural area as well. There are a couple of local cell stores that are AT&T branded but I'm doubtful that they will carry iPhone. I have never seen an iPhone picture or ad in the store window. I guess I need to call and see if they will carry the new one. I am pretty much resigned to having to drive an hour. :( Actually, I'm going to be visiting Cornell when the new iPhone hits. Anyone from Ithaca know whether the iPhone will be available in town? If so, I would like to try to pick one up while I'm there.

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

There aren't any AT&T stores for thousands of miles. Apple stores are hundreds of miles away. But there's a T-Mobile store down the street. Guess where I'll be on the 11th.

8. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

TMOBILE..doesnt have the iphone

9. isimon1207 macrumors member

I think he meant 'home'

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yes they do. Not everything is inside of America, you know? T-Mobile is based in Germany...

11. friekunater macrumors 6502

yeah the closest apple store is in Chicago (2 1/2 hrs away) and the closest AT&T store is in davenport I think (3 hrs away)

note that Chicago is to the east and davenport is to the west... this sucks!! always love going to the apple stores when I'm in the windy city though!

12. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Nearest Apple Store is 10-15 miles away, if they are selling them at the Apple Store, if not the nearest O2 store is 3 miles away.

Nearest ATT store is... ohh a few thousand miles across the Atlantic?

13. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

:rolleyes:

Aren't you just SOO smart!

14. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

i dont have a AT&T for 2 hours

and a Apple Store for 2 hours

but rogers is a 10min walk