Who else got lied to by carphone warehouse?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mac-Addict, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Anyone else get the "Card Denied" email from Carphone warehouse? I knew a few people online who got this from cpw and to be honest they are just plain lying. There is nothing wrong with my card and shockingly enough me and others were sent the email 3 minutes AFTER their phone lines shut.

2. geeb macrumors regular

Actually, I got card denied followed almost instantly by a phone call form my bank asking me to authorise "suspicious activity".

So, "card denied" is perfectly possible.

3. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

Especially if you had a few 'failed' attempts to order on-line where the query actually went to the bank for approval but then was not collected. This is a red flag for their fraud software.

4. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

Just out of interest, what time did you make your purchase online? I think i tried my first one at about 9:05 and then at the end of it had a message to call customer services. I held on the phone for about 7 minutes and thought sod it, made another online order and that one actually went through.

5. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I got it confirmed by email at 5:45pm then an email saying they are out of stock but will send me one ASAP when they get stock back in which was to be "very soon" so.