Who else here babies the iPad 10.5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by darksoul78644, Jun 24, 2017.

1. darksoul78644 macrumors member

darksoul78644

Do I have issues. Am I crazy. Jus wondering.

2. jsmitty macrumors regular

I always baby my iOS devices. I don't like using cases unless situations warrant and I want to keep them looking good. I can't see them if I cover them up.

3. darksoul78644 thread starter macrumors member

darksoul78644

Oh I gotta cover mine.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I am careful with my iPads and iPhone but they are also tools to be used and replaced every year or two. I put a case on them, not so much for protection, but mainly for giving a better grip.

Do not care for your device so much it ruins the joy of using it.

5. MyopicPaideia macrumors 68000

MyopicPaideia

Nope.

Slapped the ASK on it right out of the box, plugged in the Pencil to pair, and started putting it through its paces! Vigorously.

Things been run down to 10% or less almost every day, gotten anywhere from 12-14 hours of use as I have gone iPad only professionally as well as personally since getting it.

Never had a more fun couple of weeks at the office!

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Not sure how you define "babies."

I always try to take care of my stuff. That being said, my stuff isn't the center of my existence either.

Not sure of the point of this thread either....

7. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

I am just extra careful handling it ; seeing I don't have a case yet! The sleeve is likely to arrive before the case, so I still have to make sure it does'nt slip out of the sleeve

8. MrEcted macrumors member

Funny you mention it, I'm rocking it to sleep as I type this.

9. darksoul78644 thread starter macrumors member

darksoul78644

U replied
    --- Post Merged, Jun 24, 2017 ---
    Lol yes

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I take good care of it, and I'm rather parnoid about how my kids use it, but overall, I don't think I'm babying it. I'm thinking of getting a zagg screen protector, and I already have a case on it.

11. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

I always take good care of my tech toys. Better resale when it's time to upgrade.

12. millydog macrumors regular

millydog

I do. I have a Smart Cover for it at the moment and are putting it in an iPad bag (Disneyland souvenir) to take it out of the house. I'm waiting for delivery of a glass screen protector, clear shield for the back and also a clear soft case for the back.

13. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

No, I don't think babies should be given iPad Pro 10.5's. Best to start them out with iPod Nanos.

14. darkarn macrumors 6502

15. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I put a Smart Cover or Smart Keyboard on it, cover the back with something, install a tempered glass screen protector, and then just enjoy using it. It's much more than an entertainment device for me, so I don't let the kids play with it. When it's in laptop mode I always make sure I'm not setting it down anywhere with lots of food crumbs or debris.

16. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Baby my iDevices, but stop short at using diapers and screen protectors. I prefer the feel of actual display and am okay with wiping the screens down at least 1-2x a day.

I enjoy them, especially the 12.9" iPad Pro.

17. Chevyguy2021 macrumors newbie

I use it but with care. I mean it's almost $1000. Lol all my devices have a case a screen protector when I open them. Habit. Glad I had glass on my iPhone when I dropped it last night and it shattered the screen protector. Ordered a new one on Amazon for $8 lol beats buying apple care

It also helps resale value in my opinion. Selling a like new device versus a used device with wear and tear.

18. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

The only thing i miss about my 9.7" Pro was that i've had it for so long to the point where i wasn't overprotective of it. I saw a post on MR where someone had bent their 10.5", so yes i am a little worried, but all i have on mine is the Smart Cover.

19. ImBuz macrumors regular

ImBuz

20. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

I Take care of it.
    Try not to use it as a cup coaster, cutting board, or let the baby or dog play with it.

21. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Just my opinion, but when somebody Bends an iPad, they were either negligent when handling it or they were improperly carrying it or stowing it for Travel, etc. In the end, the user is responsible for the physical damage to the product, assuming it didn't arrive defective from the factory.

22. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Do you use a screen guard or a tempered glass on it ?

23. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

Just a Smart Cover.

24. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

The iPad 10.5 is a brand new device. It's not news to anyone that people will look after something so new and fresh that they just dropped a load of money on. Give it a few months.