Who else in illinois has a snowday?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nickster9224, Feb 1, 2008.

1. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

So who from around illinois has a snowday today. I got one, and our school never gives them out. We got like 8-10 inches.

2. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

Well...I'm not in Illinois, but I am in Indiana, which is...pretty much on par where you are, latitude-wise. We got about the same.

No school!

My corporation used to hand them out like candy, but then we got a new superintendent and he cut waayy down on them. This year there have been a lot, though.

3. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Present! First one in 15 years from what I've heard.

4. Fuzzbear macrumors regular

Fuzzbear

Im near Joliet... no snow day for me. Been at work since 5am.

Took me 40 minutes to get here (10 mile commute).

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

My professor e-mailed us to say he was snowed in, so small group is canceled! Well, as far as we're concerned.

6. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Snow day in Michigan (Ann Arbor area). Only one working in this wing of the building (LOVE IT) Someone plowed the parking lot, though. Haven't seen anyone else, so all is well.

7. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I do. All the way down in Southern Illinois. About 4-6 inches of snow.

8. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I'm in Toronto, I was gonna have a snow day, but had to go into work to complete something. I left early though. We got about 8 inches so far, looks like another couple inches later tonight. I'm going skiing tomorrow, should be a perfect skiing day. :cool:

9. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I live in Wheaton and my lil bro didn't have a snow day. Dammit:p

10. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

C-U here, and snow day for both my boys' schools. as they are both sick, they missed out and stayed home anyway. sucks to be them, and me...

8-10" here. already starting to melt. i may get out of shoveling yet! :)

11. nickster9224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

wow thats odd i live like 2 miles away from joliet and we had no school today and our school never gives out snowdays.

12. Alex\/ macrumors newbie

new here.. first post :D!!

I'm sure we would have (from southern ontario)... but it was a PD day (no school)... so it was a wasted snow day:)

13. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

welcome my friend

14. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

From what I understand SSOM still had classes, however I got ploughed in and couldn't get my car out in time to get to class.

15. protozoa macrumors regular

I'm in southern Illinois.

School was out for my kids on the 1st of Feb because of the snow.

Then, it started to snow/sleet on the 11th, so I picked up the kids around lunch time. It turned out to be such a bad snow/ice storm that they ended up not going to school for the entire rest of the week. Plus, Monday was a holiday. So today was the first day they got to go to school in a week.

I was honestly a little annoyed by it. The roads looked good enough on Wednesday, IMO. The story was that some of the backroads around town were still pretty bad; but I'm not buying it. I grew up in Virginia, and even though I don't ever remember getting alot of ice, we would often get just as much snow as southern Illinois (maybe more). I know we would have gone back to school before today.

We were getting pretty bad cabin fever before long. Fortunately, we were able to make it to some of their swimming lessons, and one day we went roller-skating. It's funny... as a kid I was super excited about getting out of school because of snow. Now all I can think is "great... now I have to figure out what to make everyone for lunch... and there goes my plan to sneak off and goof around Barnes & Noble."