Who else is getting a Android OS phone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PowerFullMac, Jan 23, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Im just wondering, since im putting up with a 6230 until some Android OS phones come out, is anyone else doing the same? Also what is your oppinion on Android OS? I like the whole open concept, and the fact its based on Linux. Also I used it yesturday and I liked the UI.

How about you? All comments welcome :)

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't know what to say until I've seen it myself. However, when compared to an iPhone, I can't really believe that anything can top it in terms of UI. I'm not being biased, either. I'll call a fish a fish, but Apple's iPhone has a UI that's definitely not a fish. There are aspects where it can be improved, and I'll wait for these improvements before I buy into an iPhone.

Where did you use Android?

3. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

There is a emulator that comes with the SDK, it has a few things to play with... Google it.

4. alFR macrumors 68020

Android buyers yesterday:

[​IMG]

To quote Fake Steve, "Google's Android toolkit sucks and is full of bugs. Google ADD-plagued kiddie coders shipping incomplete, buggy software? Really? Who knew?".

It'll probably be in beta until sometime next century anyway. I'll pass, thanks. :)

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

It'll be interesting if it can run on existing hardware... I wonder if I can upgrade my WinMO6 phone with it when it comes out...

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I love how all of the iPhone fanboys can claim the Android is a buggy, ad plagued OS without ever seeing it :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm sure I'll be getting one eventually. I just got a new phone on Monday so it won't be for awhile (which means probably less than a year with the way I buy phones). T-Mobile's part of the open handset alliance, so I'm hoping we'll see an Android phone that'll work with their upcoming 3G network.

7. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

The OS comes out in the second half of 2008.

8. alFR macrumors 68020

1. ADD = attention deficit disorder, not adverts. Fake Steve was having a pop at google's devs, not the OS.
    2. Who compared it to the iPhone? Certainly not me. It may be better or worse, who knows as Android's currently vaporware (well, liquidware anyway).
    3. Playing with an emulator is a long way from using the finished OS on an actual device.
    4. Notice the smiley, anyone?