Who else is going to the Atlantic City, NJ Store Opening?!?!?!

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
7
NJ/NYC
xfiftyfour said:
I wish they'd flippin open one in south carolina already.. :mad:
All man...this is the fourth one for me since May:D , they are popping up everywhere around here!
 

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
1,609
8
Danville, VA
MattyMac said:
All man...this is the fourth one for me since May:D , they are popping up everywhere around here!
Yeah I noticed they had a lot more stores in NJ then they did before I moved to VA(Which was only in December). Their taking over Jersey :) AC is a good location though, should get a lot of traffic.

bigrell486 said:
When does the AC store open?
In 8 Hours, and 13 Minutes :), or more specifically 11AM on Saturday the 19th
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
7
NJ/NYC
CyberPrey said:
Well???
How was it?
Details man.. Details....
Hey, it was awesome....just a standard opening thought nothing Insanely Crazy like Fifth Avenue. My girlfriend came along too, so I got more than one shirt:D And believe it or not, there werent that many people there....very surprising. I got there about 2 hours early and I was like the 7th person in line:eek: I couldn't believe it.
 

MacBrilliance

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2006
4
0
NJ
MattyMac said:
Hey, it was awesome....just a standard opening thought nothing Insanely Crazy like Fifth Avenue. My girlfriend came along too, so I got more than one shirt:D And believe it or not, there werent that many people there....very surprising. I got there about 2 hours early and I was like the 7th person in line:eek: I couldn't believe it.
Yeah, I was there before 8:30. I would've been the first person in line, but I let some kid and his father/grandfather go ahead of me. I sorta thought the guy doing the podcast was an idiot since he went over to talk to the "second person in line", which he apparently mistook the person behind me for. Perhaps he didn't know how to follow people in the correct order? Overall, it was the most pathetic Apple Store opening I've ever been to. It was very unorganized in the beginning, being as none of the security guards/store employees could confirm what hour the store was actually opening. And then there's the whole lack of a crowd for the first 1-2 hours of my wait in line. Rather sad how most of the people didn't know what the line was for. In fact, some woman came up to me on a bicycle and asked if they were "giving anything good away." Pfft, people in AC are totally oblivious at times, but I can't blame them since the store isn't exactly too visible from outside the mall/Pier building.
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
7
NJ/NYC
MacBrilliance said:
Yeah, I was there before 8:30. I would've been the first person in line, but I let some kid and his father/grandfather go ahead of me. I sorta thought the guy doing the podcast was an idiot since he went over to talk to the "second person in line", which he apparently mistook the person behind me for. Perhaps he didn't know how to follow people in the correct order? Overall, it was the most pathetic Apple Store opening I've ever been to. It was very unorganized in the beginning, being as none of the security guards/store employees could confirm what hour the store was actually opening. And then there's the whole lack of a crowd for the first 1-2 hours of my wait in line. Rather sad how most of the people didn't know what the line was for. In fact, some woman came up to me on a bicycle and asked if they were "giving anything good away." Pfft, people in AC are totally oblivious at times, but I can't blame them since the store isn't exactly too visible from outside the mall/Pier building.
Well I enjoyed it...and the guy doing the podcast is a very very very nice guy. I find it offensive that you called him a name like that. I know him from 3 other apple store openings and him and his family are always friendly to everyone.
 

MacBrilliance

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2006
4
0
NJ
MattyMac said:
Well I enjoyed it...and the guy doing the podcast is a very very very nice guy. I find it offensive that you called him a name like that. I know him from 3 other apple store openings and him and his family are always friendly to everyone.

I wasn't saying he wasn't a nice person or anything, was only commenting on the fact that he couldn't follow the line properly.
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
7
NJ/NYC
MacBrilliance said:
I wasn't saying he wasn't a nice person or anything, was only commenting on the fact that he couldn't follow the line properly.
Well it wasnt much of a line. I would consider it more of a "scatter" than a line. Anyhow it's over and everyone had a good time. It's not like the first person in line got anythiing that the first 1000 people didn't, so don't worry about it.
 

MacBrilliance

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2006
4
0
NJ
MattyMac said:
Well it wasnt much of a line. I would consider it more of a "scatter" than a line. Anyhow it's over and everyone had a good time. It's not like the first person in line got anythiing that the first 1000 people didn't, so don't worry about it.

By the time he came around interviewing people, it had formed into a fairly sizable line. And I'm glad I wasn't bothered with someone doing an interview of people in line. Once again, I was just commenting on the amusing aspect that he couldn't follow the line correctly. Let's leave at that, shall we?
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
7
NJ/NYC
MacBrilliance said:
By the time he came around interviewing people, it had formed into a fairly sizable line. And I'm glad I wasn't bothered with someone doing an interview of people in line. Once again, I was just commenting on the amusing aspect that he couldn't follow the line correctly. Let's leave at that, shall we?
Sounds good...you're right!

Good day.