Who else is holding off on updates?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by danpass, Oct 12, 2011.

  1. danpass macrumors 68020


    Jun 27, 2009
    Miami, FL
    The only one I've done so far was iTunes 10.5 for Windows last night and that was sorely needed as 10.4.1, or whatever the previous one was, would lock up hard each time it was opened.

    Now, just with the time issue .......... 4 hours for Lion 10.7.2? Really?

    I think I'll wait for all the goofballs to get done lol.

    Plus all the error message issues on multiple download types .......... welcome to the cloud!
  2. tjsdaname macrumors 6502

    Jun 18, 2009
    cedar rapids IA
    since upgrading to lion I download them as soon as possible...

    I don't think it could get any worse then it already is....
  3. avro707 macrumors 6502a

    Dec 13, 2010
    I didn't upgrade to Lion as they didn't have it available on a DVD. I'm not going to download something that large over the net. So I'll remain with 10.6.8 until they decide otherwise.

    iTunes updates I do. Adobe CS5 updates I try to avoid, as I've got PC and Mac versions of CS5 Master Collection and they eat up the data-allowance too much.
  4. quagmire macrumors 603


    Apr 19, 2004
    Lion is available for $69 on a USB drive....

  5. avro707 macrumors 6502a

    Dec 13, 2010
  6. Scepticalscribe Contributor


    Jul 29, 2008
    The Far Horizon
  7. Melrose Suspended


    Dec 12, 2007
    I always hold off until it settles down a bit. One, I don't get delays from overloaded servers; and Two, I usually get the upgrade after it's been updated and/or patched or whatnot.

    Siri was the main reason I'd upgrade to iOS5, but everywhere I've read it's not available except on the 4S.

    So, I'll upgrade, but I'll wait a bit for it. :)
  8. Shrink macrumors G3


    Feb 26, 2011
    New England, USA
    You are correct - Siri is only available with Iphone4S. But there are a lot of other nifty additions on iOS5.

    When you download, I think you'll like the new stuff - even if there is no Siri.

    (If I understand correctly, Siri requires the more powerful processing capacity available only with the new phone to work. It's not just a hold out to encourage upgrade.)
  9. Dagless macrumors Core


    Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    40mb connection, clogged pipes aren't that much of an issue for me :p. Well, iOS and the Lion update took longer than usual. What should have been a 5 min update took 20 mins but that's still not an insane amount of time 2 OS updates.
  10. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

    Designer Dale

    Mar 25, 2009
    Folding space
    I keep whatever current OS version I have updated with all the decimal releases. My current version is Snow Leopard. Unless I really find the iCloud offerings desirable I'm going to wait until around 10.7.3 or .4. I had a tough time with the original release on my "old hardware". 2008 MBP 2.5GHz Penyrn.


Share This Page