Who Else is In Line

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Currently in line at apple soho store but luckily in the reservation line which is about half a city block. Non reservation line is over two city blocks already! Never seen anything like it!

Who else is in line?

2. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

Craziness over here in Roseville, Ca..... They told everyone from noon today that they wouldn't let people line up untill midnight. 11:15 pm comes around and everyone bum rushes the mall front door to start a line outside. Never seen anything like it. Now there are 2 lines and mall security won't tell anyone what's going on. Total cauos right now

3. bholaladka macrumors regular

lol!!! are you at the Galleria??? I was thinking of going but did not realize people would start lining up THIS EARLY! I guess not going. :D

4. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

I knew it would be crazy at the Galleria there...glad i pre-ordered online...

5. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

It's seriously so bad I don't even know where to start. It's westfields fault from the jump they wouldn't just let people line up first come first serve thy forced everyone to stay in there car until veryome had enough around 11:30pm and everyone just started running up front to the door. It started as one lime and now there are two and it sounds like they are going to alternate people from both lines going in. It really is westfields fault though the security wouldn't budge at all with just letting people line up when they got here. Suprised someone didn't get trampled honestly. Wish I would have been able to get through to preorder to avoid this strait mess it's almost not worth it at this point.

6. Geekulous macrumors member

So the chaos you're referring to is in regards to people who didn't pre order right?

Anyone in the preorder line yet?

7. McBeats macrumors 6502a

ohh man! lotta heartbreaks tomorrow morning

8. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I'm in a one person line at my house waiting for the UPS guy to get here later today. :)

9. Wailord macrumors 6502

I'm camping out in Vegas. Got a line of over 200 or so for walk-ins.

10. RMXO macrumors 6502a

I'll be leaving to get gas & breakfast then trek the 1hr drive to Richmond, VA Apple Store within 10mins or so. Hopefully the lne isn't too bad. The
    Ine for the ipad wasn't as bad as I tonight. Hopefully, the same applies here.

11. wrecks macrumors member

Alot of us want to know if there just one line or two line for the folks waiting to get their iphone?

12. JamesHP macrumors regular

Fairly close to the front of queue in Manchester, UK. Been waiting an hour and a half for reservations.

13. xmtgx macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Got screwed over at willowbrook in nj, opened doors but did not let us in till all the other doors were open now I'm stuck 1/2 way in line :(

14. tclamp07 macrumors member

It looks like I'm the first one here in Albany Oregon. I'm not to happy though because I synced my iPad right before I left and loaded it with movies and when I got here I find out they didn't sync! FML!

15. RMXO macrumors 6502a

I'm in non-reservation line & was told 5 mins ago they're out of both models. If you stay in line they will take your info down & put you on a priority list. They will email you to let you know they have your iPhone in-stock. You hav 24hrs to pick it up or you lose your reservation.

Sadly, no one left their spot. I'm out in richmod, va & it's gonna get up in the 100s.

Daym you Apple & BB for not getting enough 32s. Daym m for slacking & not being able to pre-order online.

16. tigress666 macrumors 68040

30 minutes and it sold out for walkins?

Wow, that sux. How many walkins do you think actually got through at that point?

Glad I'm not a walkin but the guy next to me is (we have maybe 50-60 people in front of us but it's not a seperated line yet, I'm on the west coast).

17. RMXO macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

^^

Tbh, I'm not sure. Some of the walk-ins got lucky & will be getting an iPhone. The pre-order line is crazy. Apple Store is located in the middle of the mall & I hear the line is all the way to the parking lot.

18. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I'm glad I'm at a smaller store. Last estimate I heard was 100 people (i'm not good at estimating) but it's not 7 am where I am either.

So some guy is trying to fish out if he'd get anyone to offer him their ipad for his 40th spot. Apparently claims some apple guy came out and said they have enough iphones at least for people to a certain spot behind him (but before me). So glad I reserved.

19. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Been in line @ Mall @ Millenia in Orlando for 2 hours. Line is NOT moving at all & we're not seeing many people actually leaving the store with iPhones, though they could feasibly be heading down the other direction where we can't see them. At least we're in the a/c, I guess, but it'd be nice to know that I'm gonna be able to get to work SOMETIME today. Ugh.

20. Vizin macrumors 6502a

I'm in ridgedale mall in Minnetonka, mn right now. I hadn't planned on ping but I randomly woke up two hours early and decided to come join the party. Few hundred people here I'm guessing, though I suck at estimates. I'm in te reservation lone so I hope it won't take forever.

21. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Have just been told it's probably another 2 hours from here.