Who else is loving the new display?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FFR, Sep 21, 2016.

1. FFR, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016

FFR macrumors 68030

FFR

Just got my 7 plus today, upgrading from a 6s plus, I'm really enjoying the new display.
    IMG_7763.JPG

2. lancastor macrumors 6502a

I cannot see any differences in the two screens. Neither brightness nor in wide color gammut.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

I don't see a difference in brightness, but without a doubt in color. Much more natural looking.

4. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I can't tell that it's any brighter. But I do notice better colors, especially red and orange.

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Colors are slightly more vivid. Other than that, don't see much of a difference.

6. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

I'm enjoying the new screen, can tell it's a lot brighter when using it in the dark for sure. The colors pop and the new camera really works well (7+).

7. TurboPGT! Suspended

For those saying "Can't tell that its brighter."...I'm not sure you understand. The comfortable brightness level that you normally use your phone at is not going to change. Nobody wants to look at a brighter-than-normal display under ambient/indoor/low light conditions.

You also cannot access the full range of brightness manually, by using the slider. This is intentional. The full range of brightness is only used by the Auto-Brightness feature, when the ambient light sensor detects the need for it...such as in bright direct sunlight.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Even with a slightly washed out display, I can still tell a difference when it comes to the Wide Color Gamut. It's a drastic improvement over previous iPhones in my opinion, and I can't wait for my replacement 7 Plus with (hopefully) an even brighter screen.

9. ajiuo macrumors 65816

I haven't gotten mine yet but I'm very disappointed that it does not have the true tone display like the iPad... no excuses for that. Apple is starting to become a real cluster **** about implementing features. No true tone on the iPhone & no 3D Touch on the iPad Pro :/

10. caelius macrumors regular

caelius

It's just so much better than the old display regarding colors and also max brightness. Dunno how people could possibly claim that they don't see a difference...

11. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

the display is fantastic, especially when using in sunlight.

12. jamdex macrumors member

13. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Really notice the colors and improved use in the sunlight. Very nice upgrade for sure to me.

14. AppleRobert macrumors 603

If one is happy with it, fine. Just do not compare it to a previous iPhone. Just looking when I got the ip 7 it looked good, when I compared it to an ip 6s it was obvious it was less bright and more yellowish. I have not seen any matching the ip 6s screen at retailers or carrier stores yet, all of the ip 7 were more yellow and less bright. The more I used my ip 7, the more obvious it became.

I know, do the procedure in the setting to change the hue and just make the brightness higher. Changing the hue makes the display look blue, increase brightness will just make the battery take a hit and I use my phone extensively during the day.

Why would anyone post a pic of the back on an iPhone if the emphasis is on the display? Color me confused.

15. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

The real difference for me is in the auto brightness in direct sunlight. You'll really only see the "25% brighter" display under those circumstances, but it's noticeable.

Also, yes, the colors are much better. Natural, vivid. It's a really pretty display, imo. Warmer for sure but really pretty.

16. techiebug macrumors 6502a

We all love it because Displaymate says it's near perfect for LCD.

17. formerpc macrumors 6502

After using it for a few hours I adjusted to the White Balance of this screen, compared to my 6s. I love this screen. Colors pop off and the clarity/pixel density is outstanding! Also, I have zero problems reading my screen in direct, bright sunlight. A+ job, Apple!

18. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

My screen is a warmer white than my iPhone 6S and once I stop comparing them I think I will be completely happy with the 7. The screen looks great re color saturation and clarity and photos look great. The speed is fantastic. My iPhone 7 is a keeper. I love the Matte Black.

19. GusHerb macrumors member

I'm happy with my display on the 7. The only thing is the dust under the glass issue is still very much alive and well. I exchanged my first one because of a small spec smack in the center. My replacement has a more visible spec of dust on the top just outside the actual screen over the battery percentage indicator. I can see it if I look down at my phone from an upward angle. I probably won't exchange though it's annoying but I could end up with something much worse. The backlighting is very uniform on this thing anyway.