Who else is obsessed with Tempered Glass?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aakshey, May 28, 2018.

1. aakshey macrumors 65816

aakshey

Who else is obsessed with tempered glass?

I have a Spigen 3D on my X.

7 spare tempered glass including from the likes of Spigen, Baseus, local etc, all 3D edge to edge.

I also have 4 more 3D tempered glass on the way from Baseus.

And 5 tempered glass for my camera protection for my X. I’m already using one as well.

And another 3 back tempered glass for my X. I’m already using one and have a spare too already.

This is just for my X.

I’ve also ordered 4 for my iPad Pros (2 ipads). They’re already using one each right now as well.

When I sold my iPhone 7, I already had around 12 unopened pieces that went waste.

Anybody else obsessed with tempered glass? By the way, I usually don’t change until they crack or an issue comes about. Or until I get a more protective one.

I have OCD by the way. :)

2. Septembersrain macrumors 68040

Septembersrain

I used to be. I love my 5c that has tempered glass that matches the back color. I also had tempered glass front and back on my iPhone 6s. It made it black with grey sides.

I'm not so inclined now because a lot of these newer phones come in black (So no back tempered glass needed) and the screens feel less responsive.

I just tend to use clear(ish) cases and keep the screens with either a wallet style like with Tech21 or with a neoprene pouch.

3. aakshey thread starter macrumors 65816

aakshey

How many spares did you used to keep?

4. PhoneMe1 Suspended

PhoneMe1

Not obsessed but I use icarez 2d, just swapped from grey to silver so have 2 more coming. Never used one on a iPad.

5. Ta0jin, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018

Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Ta0jin

I’m not a fan of tempered glass, I find that dust accumulates around the edges and that’s a no go for me.

6. Septembersrain macrumors 68040

Septembersrain

None. I used to get them cheap off ebay. I've always been particularly careful with my stuff. So I wasn't concerned I guess.