Who else is planning on selling their back2school iTouch to essentially save $300!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hookem12387, Jun 3, 2008.

1. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

So, my plan is to get the 8gig touch and ebay it to essentially save $300 on a macbook (still havent decided 2.1 v 2.4ghz bc I may only keep it one year till I sell it to buy something new before law school). I'm also thinking about getting a printer, getting the $100 off and ebaying that as well.

Just wondering if anyone else is planning the same thing? Also, how long do these rebates normally take? I can't go on using my dell laptop!!

2. dmkemick macrumors member

Not I, I'm planning to use my $100 16GB iPod Touch. :)

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

4. lacereza macrumors regular

Well, you'd only 'essentially' be saving whatever price you could get for it, right? No-one's going to pay you $300 for it, especially when all the other student'll be flogging theirs on ebay at the same time.

5. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

im hoping to do the same which is to sell the ipod touch. since ive already got an iPhone and ipod 80gb, i dont really think i will need a touch, although they seem pretty cool and i like it that they are soo thin i can fit it in my wallet:D so i may end up keeping it. but i have got someone who will buy it of me for £10 less.

ill be able to do this,only if they release the deal in the UK, which the better bloody do so.

6. kevinbal macrumors regular

kevinbal

I'm going to buy my new iMac today and that touch is going right up on craigslist @ $250 for a quick sale. Considering I was banking on about 150-175 for resale of a nano, I'm ecstatic that I'm getting a touch to pawn in order to reduce the cost of the iMac. ;) Part of me almost wants to get the 3.06 now, heheh.

7. audiophile42 macrumors member

I'll be flipping that sucker as soon as I get it. I've already got an iPhone. So if we get new 3G iPhones next week, I'll put the money towards that. If not, it'll go to help paying for that sexy 24" iMac I'll be buying next week :cool:

8. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

nope, got a 16Gb touch, but may add the extra cash to upgrade to a 32Gb, and either sell the 16Gb, or give it to my friend

9. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

I wonder if people would buy it since I would need to cut off the UPC on the iPod box.

I think I will sell my. Now trying to figure out if I want a Mac Pro or iMac to go along with my Air.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

First it's not iTouch; uTouch yourself? :D

And I may sell my iPod Touch; I mean why not? I'll end up saving $780 on my MBP.

11. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Not true, I got almost full retail value for the free printer and iPod Nano I got last year with my macbook. Huge savings it turned out for me.

I'm almost tempted to sell my macbook to get a newer one and an iPod Touch (which I've wanted for a while now). So hard to resist. lol.

12. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I'll lay some of the groundwork for the lazy...

$299 x 7.50% TAX = $321.42
    REBATE (You have to wait for these) = $299
    Average completed listing on eBay = $270.00
    Shipping Costs = $8.00

PROFIT = $239.58

13. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Correct, however iTouch is more of a nickname or abbreviation (it's not MBP it's MacBook Pro). As well, the rebate is not an instant deal either, and why would someone on eBay buy your 8 Gb touch for $300 when they can go out and get a new one for $299 and have the full one year warranty?

14. illidian macrumors 6502

Only you left out eBay's fees (which have only been only going up lately) and the fact that the average price will likely drop due to supply going up while the demand, at best, remains constant.

15. anubis26 macrumors member

I'm unfortunately being made to give the Touch to my cousin as a birthday gift (stupid cheapo parents :/ ). So I guess it'll be two macs this summer, just to get the iPod for myself XD

16. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Apart from the fact I won't be selling my touch for $300, maybe $350 for my 16GB, it's still got 364 days of warranty left!

17. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Gr, you are lucky, I had to pay $440 for mine :D I got a 50$ 30gb 5.5G last year though, so that was pretty cool.

18. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

IMO you are better off putting the money towards a bigger touch and selling that. ebay is going to be flooded with the 8 GB model.