Who else is REALLY excited?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swedegirl, Sep 22, 2017.

1. swedegirl macrumors regular

So after the keynote I was disappointed ( I can’t wait until November because I’m using my 7 phone as a birthday gift for my 14 year old next week), and I felt like the 8 was just not that much of a difference.... yet somewhat sceptical of the iphone X.

Then all the media and even the forums where sort of saying the same thing... basically 8 is barely a new phone... it’s not a flagship...and it seems like the preorders where super slow as well.

After a week of research I have now switched camps and I am SUPeR excited about my new 8.... anyone else in the same boat?

2. Ironman1964 macrumors regular

Ironman1964

I’m excited. I was all set on keynote day to commit to the new phone (X). When they announced that it wouldn’t be available until November it was disappointing. I am admittedly an impatient person, and I struggled over that being the only reason I didn’t want to wait. For me I am on a new every year plan with AT&T, which coincides around the September time frame of a new phone. My thought was this would throw me off by a couple of months when next year rolls around. So I decided to upgrade to the 8+, and see what next September brings. There is so much debate on things with the X that I really want to see how that goes on someone else’s dime, not mine. The 8+ is going to be a great phone for me. And I am excited, and no I don’t think I will change my tune in November.

3. Alexander.Of.Oz macrumors 68030

Alexander.Of.Oz

I wouldn't say "I'm really excited." It's just a mobile phone after all, but I am more than happy with it, it works fast and reliably, the camera is very good when using a third party app so as to have full manual control of it, plus the ability to save images as RAW files, and it's much faster than my old 6 to download all the apps onto it. :)

4. swedegirl thread starter macrumors regular

Staying “on September cycle” was another reason for me as well!

5. Lspice macrumors regular

Lspice

I'm excited! I can't think about anything else!

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

This is the first time in recent memory that I'm not. The iPhone 6 was a sight to be hold, the SE when it came out and since that pre-dated the 7 I wasn't interested in replacing it. The 8 seems more like a 7s in terms of what apple added.

The X was the major phone they're pushing but for me, I cannot justify the price tag. The phone does look nice though, don't get me wrong.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Not real excited here. Going from the 7+ to 8+ with a new AW3 LTE.

Some will say it is very little upgraded but I not expecting big changes so will not be disappointed.

Passing on the X for now, maybe sometime next year unless it has a lot of problems. If it does Apple will pay dearly, they are already paying for the problem with the LTE AW problems, stock way down.

8. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

only Tim exited ,, he so proud :):):apple::apple:

[​IMG]

Yeah Baby ------- Best smart phone ever

9. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

I am. I was from the start. Despite everyone dumping on the iPhone 8, I’m really excited. It’s fast, beautiful, and will offer a host of improvements for me.

I can see iphone 7 users not being thrilled, but that’s not Apple’s focus

10. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

My dog is excited. She smells the fish I'm cooking.

11. KriStellar26 macrumors member

I'm excited. I love any new technology. But I am going from a 6s to a 8+, so I think that's a significant upgrade for me. I really hope I like the plus size!

12. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

I'm not interested in any of the new iPhones this year.

If you are upgrading from a ip6 or earlier, there are a lot of benefits.

For 6s/+ owners and later...the improvements are too small. Ymmv of course.

13. kormsby macrumors newbie

kormsby

I'm almost as excited for X as I am for all the threads that we'll be seeing with people who bashed X back pedaling.

But in all seriousness, I can't wait to get my hands on the X.

14. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

The price bummed me out. Really want the extra screen of the X (haven't been this eager to upgrade since the 5 to 6s transition) & will buy if I can get a deal.

But that price (AU$1800).....

15. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I agree the 8 seems more like a 7s which is fine by me because my plan all along was to upgrade from a 6s to a 7s. Once the chatter about the pricing on the X hit the internet I told myself that unless it was a phone I could not live without, I would wait until the second version of it.

I'm excited about getting a larger phone (8+) but that is about all. My 6s still works great and with iOS 11 I really didn't need a new phone. I've had enough iPhones at this point where I don't have to be the early adopter every time. I like the refined S models.

16. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

From many images online it looks as though you'll have have more usable screen on a Plus model.