Who else is waiting for the "New Macbook Pro"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TtimeWithTy, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TtimeWithTy macrumors member

Since January i have wanted a :apple:Macbook Pro, also since January i have been researching when the perfect time to buy one is. Ever since i saw that they could possible be redesigning the laptops, i told my self i would hold out till they did. Even if it meant i wouldn't get an :apple:iPod from the Back to School deal.

I'm going to MICA, an art school this fall, and although i want a laptop so bad, it doesn't look like ill be getting one any time soon. I constantly watch people spend $2-3k on laptops they don't know anything about.

So basically what I'm saying, for all of you who want one as bad as i do, your not the only one! STAY STRONG PEOPLE, and together we can make it out with a cooler looking MBP than all the rest!

I was also wondering how accurate these rumor sites have been in the past for previous updates?

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

why are you opening the same exact thread that we already have here? :confused:

ps. im still waiting, got me a awesome apple keyboard to help me for now :D

3. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

I've been waiting for about two years to get a MBP. The reason I haven't is that I am waiting for my PC to die... However I'm getting the feeling it is a very slow death at the moment!

However, whilst I am not concerned with a case redesign I would seriously consider buying when the Monteniva chipset comes out (Jan 2009?) as speed boosts of 30% were rumored.

A blu-ray writer might seal the deal but I don't think apple will adopt this any time soon.

4. aosman macrumors 6502

I am waiting for a case redesign. I replaced my old MBP with an Air for the time being, until Apple finally redesigns the MBP line. Hopefully before MW 2009.

5. Yixian macrumors 65816

FINGERS CROSSED FOR A 9650M GT!

(if I type in caps will Jobs here me?)

6. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

"I'm going to MICA, an art school this fall, and although i want a laptop so bad, it doesn't look like ill be getting one any time soon."

oh jesus christ just go and buy one if you need one. what on earth is stopping you?

7. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

my point exactly.
    people are clamoring for newer and faster specs..
    without any valid reason for it.

my brother.. who only surf the net, listen to itunes and post videos to youtube is dying to replace his 2 yr old MBP for a "new faster, sleeker MBP"
    because he thinks.. or honestly believe that there's going to be a DRAMATIC improvement on what his doing right now.:eek:

some people need to get out more.. and get a REAL life:D

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.