Who else returned an iPad 2 today?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Coleman2010, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I waited in line for 3 hours at the White Plains NY Apple Store. About the last hour mark the Apple employees came out and handed out tickets to the people remaining in line saying only people with tickets would get an iPad. I got in the store and I wanted a Black 64G 3G ATT iPad and the only 64G ATT iPads they had left were white. I let the guy talk me into getting the white. On the train ride home I started using it and HATED IT! The white looks so cheap to me. Like it's framed in plastic instead of glass. So when I got back to Manhattan I went to the 5th Avenue store and returned it. I guess I'll wait until they get more stock and get the one I really want.

While I was waiting outside to return mine there were 2 other people waiting to go in doing the same thing. They said they bought them from another Apple store and it was not the size/color they wanted.

2. iserian macrumors 6502

Happens all the time...folks invest time in a line and get swept into buying something other than what they wanted. Was next to two older ladies who were buying one of everything on the accessory stand. Not sure about the white either but I'm sick of the black.

3. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

Did you see the 2 colors side by side? The Black looks obviously like it's incased in glass. The white does not have that look. It looks like it's framed in white plastic. It has an inexpensive cheap look. The Black has a classier look than the white.

4. iserian macrumors 6502

5. ozred macrumors 6502

On launch days Apple stores act like degenerate used car dealers.

Handing out tickets is so phony, so ego driven. Like it's a privilege to buy from them. Total BS.

It's a testimony to the spineless.

Apples milking it for all it's worth.

6. PhoneI macrumors 65816

It's so odd. I keep noticing your posts in lots of different threads and they all are full of some type of anti-apple rant. Low blood sugar?