All iPads Who else sold their iPad after getting the iPhone 6/6+?

BrentwoodTWO

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
After I got my iPhone 6, I really felt like my retina iPad mini is extremely redundant. I already have a 13" Macbook Air to do more productive tasks. I recently sold my iPad mini through craigslist. Has any of you done the same?

Last edited:

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
No. A 4.7" screen pales in comparison to a 9.7" screen. A 5.5" screen does too, for that matter IMO.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
While the idea of one device to serve as both my phone and my tablet is tempting, there's no way even a 6+ at less that half the display area could replace my iPad mini retina. Perhaps it would be different if my main impetus for getting a tablet wasn't for reading technical pdf documents that don't resize easily for a smaller screen. As it is, I'll stay with my combination of an iPad mini and nice compact iphone 5s.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I still use my Mini and my Plus. I was in a wait and see, but I'm using the mini quite a bit.

jjp007

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009
TexASS
My first reaction was the same as yours. I have a iPad air so I feel I don't really need the mini any longer. I'm selling it!

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
After I got my iPhone 6, I really felt like my retina iPad mini is extremely redundant. I already have a 13" Macbook Air to do more productive tasks. I recently sold my iPad mini through craigslist. Has any of you done the same?
I sold my Mini Retina LTE version just after getting the 6 plus. However, the reason in my case was to give myself options for picking up the refreshed Mini Retina 2.

The Mini Retina was my most used Apple device. I've got a 15 MBP Retina that I use primarily for work. I've been using the 6 Plus as a "quasi" ipad replacement. It's great, but doesn't quite cut it for me as a true iPad replacement. I really miss iPad apps & am too many iPhone optimized web pages for my liking. Love the 6 Plus though!