All iPads Who else sold their iPad after getting the iPhone 6/6+?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BrentwoodTWO, Oct 13, 2014.

1. BrentwoodTWO, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

BrentwoodTWO macrumors member

After I got my iPhone 6, I really felt like my retina iPad mini is extremely redundant. I already have a 13" Macbook Air to do more productive tasks. I recently sold my iPad mini through craigslist. Has any of you done the same?

2. puma1552 macrumors 601

No. A 4.7" screen pales in comparison to a 9.7" screen. A 5.5" screen does too, for that matter IMO.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Lol no way. My iPhone 6+ is still a lot smaller than my iPad Mini. One cannot replace the other.

4. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

While the idea of one device to serve as both my phone and my tablet is tempting, there's no way even a 6+ at less that half the display area could replace my iPad mini retina. Perhaps it would be different if my main impetus for getting a tablet wasn't for reading technical pdf documents that don't resize easily for a smaller screen. As it is, I'll stay with my combination of an iPad mini and nice compact iphone 5s.

5. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I still use my Mini and my Plus. I was in a wait and see, but I'm using the mini quite a bit.

6. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

My first reaction was the same as yours. I have a iPad air so I feel I don't really need the mini any longer. I'm selling it!

7. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I have a plus an iPad air and a 15" MBP. Don't really have a use for the mini especially know with the 5.5" phone.

8. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

I sold my Mini Retina LTE version just after getting the 6 plus. However, the reason in my case was to give myself options for picking up the refreshed Mini Retina 2.

The Mini Retina was my most used Apple device. I've got a 15 MBP Retina that I use primarily for work. I've been using the 6 Plus as a "quasi" ipad replacement. It's great, but doesn't quite cut it for me as a true iPad replacement. I really miss iPad apps & am too many iPhone optimized web pages for my liking. Love the 6 Plus though!

9. 100thMonkey macrumors member

10. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

Facebook and YouTube Apps (for me) are way better on the iPad!

11. BrentwoodTWO thread starter macrumors member

Quite the opposite for me... I really cant stand the massive black bars on the ipad