Who else stopped using iPod / iPad / Macbook / iMac after getting iPhone 6/6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrentwoodTWO, Nov 19, 2014.

1. BrentwoodTWO macrumors member

I have a 13" Macbook Air and also an iPad mini that is mostly shared with my family members. But ever since I upgraded my phone from iPhone 4S to iPhone 6, I rarely ever use my Macbook anymore. I'm quite satisfied with watching Youtube vids and browsing the internet with my iPhone's 4.7" screen. I just graduated from college, so I don't really use MS Office that much either. To me, the iPhone is pretty much the single device I need.

2. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

Maybe a reduced usage of computer and tablet, but not totally. It is occasionally easier to use the iPhone 6 Plus, but it will not replace the iMac or iPad.

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

i use my mbp in my room/bed.. while i use the rMini/6+ in the living room and anywhere else besides my bedroom LOL

4. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

got my iPhone 6, gave my iPhone 5 to my daughter and sold her iPod touch 5G. that's about it. still prefer to use my iPad or MBA at home.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Nope.

I pretty much stopped using the MBP clear back with the iPad 1, and I use the rMini now for writing, surfing, games, etc. So far, I use the 6 about as much as I used the 5--first thing in the morning & last thing at night, when I don't feel like holding the iPad. Music, texting, maps, calendaring, and quick lookups of random stuff when I'm out of the house.

And oh yeah, as a phone. Once in a while. If I can't avoid actually talking to someone. :D

I looked at the 6+ for a long time before buying the 6. In the end, for me, it was too small to be an adequate iPad replacement, and too big to be a comfortable phone replacement. So there was really no chance I'd find myself using either the 6 or 6+ more than I did the 5.

6. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

7. BrentwoodTWO thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i pretty much gave the ipad mini to my younger brother