who else thinks that the batt % meter for 3GS is crap!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by otis123, Jun 19, 2009.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

1st gen and 3G owners we need to make noise about this! this feature could be used on any iphone and probably ipod touch, this would be really useful, and i shouldn't have to buy a new phone to get it, this isn't asking for the imposable like getting video recording or something! give us early adopters a bone!

2. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

there are quite a few free apps out there that allow you to see your battery charge percentage...
    the feature is nice, and having it built into the 3gs is great...but i used to have an app on my 3g for the same thing. Does the job.

"making noise" is not likely to do much...but good luck

3. entity macrumors regular

At first, I was like "why does he think the battery percentage is crap :(? I thought it was pretty cool." than to find out he's jealous :D

4. DEdwards2204 macrumors member

DEdwards2204

The easy solution: Jailbreak. There is absolutely no reason not to other than not wanting a hassle installing the firmware. And breaking warranty is a bunch of crap. Just reinstall the normal firmware.

5. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes im jealous ;) I don't see much reason to upgrade to a 3GS other that the storage, I just think its very petty of apple to give something so simple as a battery % to the 3GS owners, I have the free memory app but i don't want to go into that just to see what my battery is truly at.

6. sd2009 macrumors 6502

im going to jailbreak when quickpwn is released, so that i can have battery percentage and disable landscape if possible

7. aarcarr macrumors member

Today I jailbroke my 3G and enabled the percentage and restored my phone back to normal settings. It worked perfectly and its free.

8. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I also want to JB but it would be a pain for me to convert most of my music from Apple Lossless to AAC, maybe it's worth it though I don't know.

9. sd2009 macrumors 6502

:confused: whyw ould you need to do that ?

10. Sam21 macrumors member

Boo hiss Apple for putting features on their new phone they're trying to sell, you know being a business and that.

You should be grateful they release major os updates for the old iphones anyway and that it's free is even better.

With all my phones before my 1st gen iphone if I wanted new features I had to buy the latest model..

And no i'm not a crazed Apple fanboy I just don't understand how you can possibly think it's wrong for Apple to make some new features for the new iphone only.

11. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I jailbroke my 3G today on 3.0 and none of Winterboard seems to be working.. including BossPrefs AKA the battery % option.. damn!

12. twynne macrumors 6502a

I actually switched it off on my 3GS after only the first day of use as I found I was 'worrying' about battery use constantly when it was on. As it's much more granular than the battery icon you can literally watch it tick down as you use the phone. Ignorance is bliss. :)

13. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

That's what I thought as well until I got the 3GS.

The battery % indicator and storage are only 2 of the many overall improvements over the 3G.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Poor title because the OP doesn't think the battery % is crap but instead is jealous he doesn't have it (on an unjail-broken phone)

15. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

The thread title should be changed.

16. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Same here - it's a novelty initially, then pretty unnecessary IMO.

17. åidån Guest

New Zealand
    I have the % indicator, and the battery image. And no apparent way of turning either of them off.

18. DEdwards2204 macrumors member

DEdwards2204

How is it implemented into the phone? Is it under options or is it like with BossPref's where you tap to switch?