Who else uses Dvorak?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by michael.lauden, Apr 17, 2009.

1. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

saw no threads but i'm a recent switcher to dvorak - and am considering switching around my keyboard layout.

so who else uses dvorak? and have you switched around your keyboards? (whether external, or on a MacBook?)

2. dantherevelator macrumors regular

I switched about a month ago. I'm nearly completely adjusted now, and very much enjoying it.

I couldn't handle the switch without rearranging the keyboard, though (I reckon I still look down a bit more than I oughta.). In the last month I've rearranged an Apple aluminum keyboard, an Apple wireless keyboard, an unibody Macbook Pro and a (cough)Dell Mini 9 (cough).

I have had occasion to type qwerty with an audience a couple times, and trying to explain Dvorak while fumbling at the keys like an inebriated baboon is a little humbling.

3. michael.lauden thread starter macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

very cool. i used to type about 70 wpm with my QWERTY layout but with dvorak i'm already up to around 75 on average and it's only been a month!

i guess im on of those success stories. i'm nervous about switching my keyboards the girlfriend would get mad!

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I'll keep mine QWERTY, I do not like the idea of popping off keys from a MacBook.

5. michael.lauden thread starter macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

well i sure hope it doesn't get dirty soon.

6. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I type 70 wpm with QWERTY. Maybe of these days I will try Dvorak just for ht fun of it; however, I can't imagine how I would get used to it. I am so very used to typing with the QWERTY layout.

7. dantherevelator macrumors regular

It surprised me how easily I adapted. Of course, my brains might just be a little mushy.