Who Else Wants Tactile Feedback when touching Some or all functions on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zepharus, Jul 14, 2008.

1. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

I used an LG Dare and loved the tactile feedback when pushing buttons. I really wish this could be done for the iPhone. Obviously it doesnt look likeit will be done first party but perhaps through an app from the app store?

Thoughts?

2. macDonalds macrumors 6502

Really? I thought it was obnoxious myself. Plus I'm sure that's just an extra hit the battery would take... unnecessarily.

3. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

I would like this too but I cannot imagine how this could be done by an app. Would be great though.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i don't find any need for it. the visual or audio feedback works for me.

5. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

the tactile feedback of my finger hitting glass has been pretty good so far...

6. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I was playing with a Samsung Instinct the other day. It was OK, but I found myself dissassociating the touch with the vibration response after a while.

Not sure why that was, but I don't really miss it on the iPhone. The iPhone has a very good touch sensitivity percentage where you don't need to have that haptic feedback.

7. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

I feel it would be nice to have.... at our discretion to use it or disable..

8. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

it would get old i think having it on 24/7 but once you get used to it, it is weird not having it. I would like to have the option

9. calvy macrumors 65816

I've disalbed the keyboard sounds and can actually here my fingers tapping on the glass. That's all the feedback I care for. I don't understand all the complaints about "I need tactile feedback" and "where's my detachable keyboard". To each their own though, obviously.

10. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

I don't understand why people want tactile feedback? It doesn't help you when your writing and I know it eats away at the battery. I have tactile feedback in my finger it's called a senses

11. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

That's a good call. Probably one of the best reasons not to include this feature. I was kind of wanting it (the Wii has some good tactile feedback and that's nice) but on my phone, I could do without. There is enough draining my battery. Email (I'm an email addict so it's often checking), browsing the internet, using it as my iPod. With all that taxing the battery, I don't need another "feature"