Who else will boycott any tweaks by CocoaNuts?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iPhone Addict, Mar 7, 2011.

1. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

The guys at CocoaNuts (http://cocoanuts.co) were the ones who released the super buggy and non-functional YourTube 2.0. These devs took people's money, promised fixes for the problems and then absolutely stopped responding to anyone who tried to contact them via twitter, email or even on their blog's comments section. They blamed their hack not working on the iPhone's jailbreak rather than owning up to selling something that doesn't work at all.

A lot of MacRumors users got burned by them in the past and there's quite a few threads about YourTube being a flaming pile of ****. Now these guys' money must have run out and they're back -- releasing a new hack called Celeste and Gremlin which allows the iPhone to do transfers of files over bluetooth and sync media files with iTunes.

I personally will be boycotting buying anything from them. For the support they offer (which is zero) and the continued lies of "a fix is coming" I've learned my lesson.

In conclusion: Cool story, bro.

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Interesting. Ever since the last release of YourTube 2 I have had zero issues on my iPhone 4. In the past, downloaded videos would disappear after a respring or reboot, but not anymore. Sorry you are having issues with it.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thanks for the update bro.
    I would never give that dev a single penny.
    He sucks.

4. iPhone Addict thread starter macrumors 6502

YourTube still messes up for me and other users when trying to download and play a video from your YouTube favorites. Also sometimes doing a hard reset will cause downloaded videos to stop showing up (even though they haven't been deleted from the phone).

I just feel that they purposefully chose to ignore their customers and think it was pretty deceitful of them to never pull their product from Cydia or tell potential customers that their product was so defective it would not work for the majority of users.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

They're definitely a bunch of thieves. Wouldn't download any of their apps even if they were free.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

not sure why or how but Yourtube works fine for me pretty much always has. however I know there have been tons of complaints. So I would be leary of anything else by him.