Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you fall asleep after sex?

• Yes

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • Depends (not unless more than 30% either way)

Votes: 35 33.0%

• Total voters

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hah. That actually happened to me once. The girl fell asleep....right in the middle of it. Let me just say that this is one thing that will bring a guy's confidence level down a notch.... I heard a snore and was like, WTF?

And before anyone starts thinking, I stopped immediately.

Was this drunk sex?

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Totally depends on the time of day.... late at night, yes. First thing in the morning, no.

I love SEX :D

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
Never have, always snuggle/talk for an hour or so after, the kind of sex I generally have is a little kinkier so one's left somewhat excessively filled with endorphins. it'd be a bit of a waste to go straight to sleep afterwards.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Hah. That actually happened to me once. The girl fell asleep....right in the middle of it. Let me just say that this is one thing that will bring a guy's confidence level down a notch.... I heard a snore and was like, WTF?

And before anyone starts thinking, I stopped immediately.

Wow, you must be really impressive in the sack.

*points and giggles*

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Contrary to popular belief, I have never had sex. Why am I reading this thread? Good question, I'll get back to you on that.

Does oral count...? :eek:

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
As one who's taken a sex education class in college, :eek: it really depends where you engage in sexual activity. If you're talking in a bed, chances are pretty good one or both partners would want to gets some ZZZ's afterward.

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
I read an artcile (I think it was on Yahoo) that there is a reason men fall asleep after sex... something about the release of some substances (no not that!) and it makes us sleepy... But yea, I tend to be sleepy after. Sex and sleep, it's really nice.

rhsgolfer33

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
Contrary to popular belief, I have never had sex. Why am I reading this thread? Good question, I'll get back to you on that.

Does oral count...? :eek:

Whoa, ghall, way to go buddy, made it pretty far, good job. Just remember, you can get HSV1 ("oral herpes") down there, make sure to use that protection, thats what they make them flavored for.

And yeah, that really was to much info ghall.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
For men, part of it is a direct hormonal response, having sex releases some hormones that makes us very relaxed. Secondarily, men usually tend to do significantly more than of the physical exertion that sex entails, so we're also physically tired after sex which contributes to our sleepiness.

When a guy 'takes care of himself' in a brief session, usually he doesn't get as tired as he gets after actual sex. (afaik)

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
I usually fall asleep only if it's late at night, otherwise I get hungry after sex and I'll find myself in the kitchen making a sandwich.

benlangdon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
haha wow i never thought even 10 people would do this.

nice :)
we still haven't found what is more of a chance of
i usually do not as i have stayed up till 6 am the next day just chilling with her.
she is just so fing hot i don't want to go to sleep as i see her only on the weekends:(

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Well, maybe you are the exception of this rule, but most of the time - in my case - I had to do most of the work while she just lay around and enjoyed the fabulous show. :cool:
At the risk of TMI or crassness here, most women climax easier on top so if more women aren't climbing up for that spot, they should. Work often pays off very very well. :D

:eek:

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Im scared because I was browsing the forums at school and this came up, and the school have a system that reports certain keywords to teachers and sends them screenshots, too! :eek:

MalcolmJID

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
England
I've fallen asleep during. Whooops. Twice. Maybe three times =P it was drunk, and for whatever reason it happened when I really should have been going to sleep anyway. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.