Who gave the iPad Pro as a gift?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacintoshJosh3, Dec 25, 2015.

1. MacintoshJosh3 macrumors regular

How did it go? What were the reactions and what do you feel the person you were buying it for would use it?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. cardfan macrumors 65816

Yep, it's outside my gift budget as well. Plus I'm not sure I have any family techie enough to appreciate it.

4. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

I did,

I gave one to myself. Received it in the mail yesterday too from Verizon. So thoughtful of me.

5. rkuo macrumors 6502a

Gave one to my mom. She uses her iPad Air 2 for hours every day and her eyesight isn't that great. So the bigger screen was a worthwhile thing to try out. She seems to like it so far.

6. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

7. Speechless macrumors 6502

Same here! Went to the Apple Store and gave myself a lovely surprise.

8. SHKLMRE macrumors regular

hahaha that's my goal. so close to getting one, it's an expensive gift to ask for, but it definitely makes a good treat to myself.

9. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

My husband gave me one for my Christmas/anniversary gift (I opened early, couple weeks now). I've really enjoyed it so far, seems like everyday I like it more and more.

I usually keep my I-Devices for 2-3 years and this was an upgrade from an IPad 4, (which still runs great) but the IPP...just makes me smile every time I pick it up, here's hoping it holds up as well as the ipad4 has. I had to wait a week or so on the Pencil but finally got it from Best Buy, just wowed by it too. Using a very inexpensive "smart" case (a one piece Smart Cover with back) that I found on Amazon...its thin and sleek and for 12.95, well sooooo worth it, put a ICarez HD clear film screen protector on it, and I'm not kidding...great screen protector, no rainbow effect, no distorting, can't even tell there is one on except it does give a little extra tooth for the pencil, not much but just enough. Awesomeness all in all.

So this has to be the Best. Gift. Ever. I have a great husband who spoils me for sure!

10. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I got mine on Christmas Eve asA gift---------from me to me. This way I always receive what I want!

11. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

My brother & I gave one to our mother. He, his daughter, our sister, & I already each have one. We all love them & Mom was no exception. My brother & sister have artistic talent so they want to draw with it & my niece wants to see if she can draw but my mother & I both like it for the bigger screen :).

12. Angler macrumors regular

Bought one for myself. If you can't be your own Santa who can??????

13. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

I gave one to my husband for an anniversary/Christmas gift. He loves it. It was an upgrade from the 2nd gen iPad.

14. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

From me to me, coming in the mail tomorrow.

Edit: And likely re-gifted to somebody whenever the second one comes out and I buy it. Like I do with phones and will do with my current Air 2.

15. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

People who have way more money than I do. Though we did get my son who's birthday was on Christmas an Air 2 because he doesn't mind a combined birthday/Christmas present.