Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aumz

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2008
I never put any of my iPods and my iPhone in a case. I don't get the point of buying a product just to cover it. It's like buying a car and not driving it... but I guess people do that too.
QUOTE]

Are you serious, is that the comparison you are making....not covering your iphone is like buying a car and not driving it....come on guy think about how stupid that sounds.

I have a case on my phone because I want to protect it simple as that....same as protecting your car with a good wax.

Yes it does not look as nice but I bought the iPhone for what it does not how it looks. I have dropped it sooo many times that without a cover it would have broken up by now.

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2009
New York
I do now. My last case did more damage than good. Don't buy a Contour Flick.:( To me, it's like buying a couch and putting plastic over it.

jeremykyle

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2009
I always put on my black Incipio feather case. Going naked doesn't work that well for me, considering how clumsy I am.

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I do now. My last case did more damage than good. Don't buy a Contour Flick.:( To me, it's like buying a couch and putting plastic over it.

Nah I'd say it's more like buying a couch and putting a slip cover on it. Some cases add a personal touch to the phone.

diemos

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
Mine... I was going to get a case but decided not to since my screen cracked. My phone fell from (my bed) less than one foot off the ground and hit the glass cup and screen cracked. After that i've dropped it over 20 times (accidentally of course) and never has the screen cracked. I guess it must have been that special spot on the glass that cracks if u touch it.

Artofilm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2005
I never put any of my iPods and my iPhone in a case. I don't get the point of buying a product just to cover it. It's like buying a car and not driving it... but I guess people do that too.
QUOTE]

Are you serious, is that the comparison you are making....not covering your iphone is like buying a car and not driving it....come on guy think about how stupid that sounds.

I have a case on my phone because I want to protect it simple as that....same as protecting your car with a good wax.

Yes it does not look as nice but I bought the iPhone for what it does not how it looks. I have dropped it sooo many times that without a cover it would have broken up by now.

It's nothing like protecting your car with wax. Wax is transparent, you can still see the original car paint and design with it on the car. With an iPhone cover it covers up the original design, colour, and looks of the entire thing.

Sorry I'll update my opinion...
Putting a case on an iPhone is like buying a car and putting a car cover on it and cutting out window holes so you can still drive it.

BTW, this is my opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree with it.

coltsfantn

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2009
Clothed

I was naked for a long time. Got a silicone/rubber case for it now though. I drop it, it bounces, and it still works. Doesn't even freeze/crash.

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
It's nothing like protecting your car with wax. Wax transparent, you can still see the original car paint and design with it on the car. With an iPhone cover it covers up the original design, colour, and looks of the entire thing.

Nuh uh! Power Support Air Jacket. :p

Attachments

• DSC02434.JPG
    DSC02434.JPG
    463.8 KB · Views: 177

superspud

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2007
i have several cases for my 3g but it just feels so much better naked... i have a leather sena case that i use soemtimes but for the most part, i go naked...

i do have a clear screen protector on there so that the actual screen wont get scratched (i have 4 extras so if the protector gets scratched i'll replace it)

bstpierre

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
I have never used a case for my original iPhone or my 3G (each was purchased near day 1 availability. The original iPhone got a couple of scratchy areas from sitting on the desk. The 3G is perfect so far. No scratches and no issues (knock on wood).

My 1st generation iPod (5GB) has never been in a case either. It is a little scratched on the back. I used it exclusively plugged in to the powerport in the car with an FM transmitter until I got a car with an audio input jack. Now I use my iPhone in the car so the iPod is retired for now.

Artofilm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2005
Nuh uh! Power Support Air Jacket. :p

I dunno, that case still seems to add a few millimeters to the entire body, making the whole iPhone a lot larger!

I got a case the same day I bought the iPhone, I couldn't believe how much larger it made the phone, and i bought the thinnest one I could find!

I returned the case the next day, not to mention, they are EXPENSIVE!!! :eek:

mackpro

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
Indiana University
as one of my fellow iphone owning buddies says :

take your iphone out of the case on special occasions to remind you how beautiful it is, but don't let it be naked all the time... too risky

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I returned the case the next day, not to mention, they are EXPENSIVE!!!

I do agree...they are way overpriced. But I am thankful I had one on five minutes ago because my iPhone somehow flew out of my hands, landing on the kitchen floor. First time I ever dropped my phone. I think this thread cursed my luck.

OrangeDog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
take your iphone out of the case on special occasions to remind you how beautiful it is, but don't let it be naked all the time...

take your wife out of her clothes on special occasions to remind you how beautiful she is, but don't let her be naked all the time...

:eek:

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I know I should put a case on, but I don't.
I absolutely hate cases on my electronics, especially my iPhone.
I just like the naked feel better and my iPhone to me looks sleeker.
That's just in my general opinion.

GelleCC

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Naked all the way

I got the my black 3g and used it naked. I acquired 4 cases, an 'easy dock' case where the bottom flips out, a switcheasy case, an incase case, and invisishield. I didn't use any of the cases when I got them (my brother gave them to me) but then I got the invishield and I loved it. It started to fray so I took it off and now I miss it. I'm waiting for them to send me a new one with their whole lifetime warranty thing.

Naked for now though.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Anyone else naked?

Picked up a white 16 gig on March 14th, and finally got my whit moshi iglaze 3g and power support crystal film set yesterday. i put them on perfectly and the case was great with no bulk whatsoever and a great feel. however in less than twenty four hours and only being in my pocket and barely touched with my hands, the moshi is already staining brown along the edges, very noticably.

I hate hate hate cases and have never used them on my ipods and just took excellent care of them, nor phones. However figuring I would drop this drunk I decided I should get a case this time, but I decided to take it off and luckily the case left no scratching of the phone whatsoever, the phone is still absolutely pristine. I think I'm just gonna rock it naked and hope I don't drop it (if I do I'm out $800 thank you Apple Japan so don't feel bad about rocking a $300 one naked in the states).

Anyone else rocking it naked? Has it survived a drop?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.