iPhone X Who got AppleCare+ monthly?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by razmonster, Oct 1, 2018.

1. razmonster macrumors regular

razmonster

i had AppleCare once with a MacBook pro and damaged the inside of the screen and they wanted $300 to fix it so i never paid for it again.
    Last night I randomly decided to add the monthly $15 AppleCare+ on my XsMax

i always have carrier insurance but with this being month to month I felt like it was worth a shot

who else is doing it monthly?
    do you think it's still a rip off?

i can't believe they only afford you two instances in 3 years

2. Mr.Scarface macrumors regular

Month to Month will my daughters’ XS.

Apple’s deductibles are cheaper for damages.

Going thru a 3rd party would be a nightmare.

3. razmonster thread starter macrumors regular

razmonster

that is very true. i opted for the monthly incase i ever want to drop it OR if i end up using it instead of my carrier insurance i didn't fork over $300+ up front
    the biggest advantage to the carrier insurance is you get 2 claims/yr for the life of the phone....but i guess that doesn't matter when you're someone like me who upgrades every year lol

4. mritech macrumors regular

What’s the apple care deductible for the loss and theft plan? They told me 269 for XS

As Verizon Asurion is 6.75 month and 200 deductible. I think that’s a better deal

5. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502a

Appleloves22

I got monthly without theft coverage. I usually upgrade my phone yearly so it benefits me to not have to deal with the hassle of calling in to get a prorated refund when I trade/sell my phone.

6. razmonster thread starter macrumors regular

razmonster

oh i didn't know they would do a refund if you wanted to cancel but yeah i thought the same because i do yearly upgrades too
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2018 ---
    yeah that's right. ATT is $300 but it goes down every 6 months by $50 i think as long as you have no claims. and it costs $9 a month. the biggest advantage with carrier, at least with att, is that it's not charged up front but to your bill

7. Stlcheer macrumors 6502

I got the monthly. I figured it made more sense for me because I upgrade every year and didn't have to pay the $300 upfront.