Who got the iPhone 4 and there eligibility date is before the 14th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dr Kevorkian94, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I want to know who hear bought an iPhone 4 and is still eligible for the 4s, that the date is before the 14th. Im not talking about using someone else's upgrade but your own. It annoys me that i did the same exact thing others have done and yet I'm not eligible, I'm not taking it out on anyone but i just want to know. My date is 2/18/12 i guess i should be happy about that but it still irks me.

2. rkahl macrumors 65816

I did.

3. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

I did too. Upgraded 7/10 and full upgrade eligible 7/11.

4. Advil macrumors 6502a

i preordered my iphone 4 and got it on launch day and it looks like i'm eligible :)

5. tdgrn macrumors 6502

Me too... Most likely because of the 3 other lines I pay for... family is expensive... and I have U-Verse that is bundled to my Wireless so I am sure that helps.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

7. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

AT&T has granted me eligibility for a new iPhone and a new Android phone.

Since the debacle of yesterday I'm going to pass on the iPhone, it was a snooze fest, I want a new iPhone I can get excited about.

8. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

Our family pays around $160 a month, regardless i brought this all up to AT&T customer service and they would not budge just that the know nothing of this information. So I'm going to the store and will do the same.

9. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

It depends on the revenue that your iPhone brings into AT&T. Not your whole plan if you have multiple phones, just the portion of your monthly bill that represents that particular phone.

If that phone generates about $100/month in fees to AT&T, you should see early upgrade after about a year.

Example, I pay around $130/month. $100 of that is for my iPhone, and $30 is for the second phone on the account. The iPhone is eligible after a year, but the second phone has to wait 2 full years because the revenue of that phone by itself is only $30/mo.

10. frostbit3 macrumors member

I've been eligible since 7/11 and I bought my iPhone 4 on release date. I have 3 iPhone's on my account and my line is the main line. I've been able to upgrade every 12 months for a few years now.

11. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

Even the line on my account that pays $95 dollars is not eligible, but that one was upgrade lost then upgraded again so that is probably why. Regardless is you explanation true for everyone? (I'm not doubting you just wondering)

12. Qoo macrumors 6502

fully eligible, but i am gonna wait for the iphone 5 :mad:

13. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

I wet to att now i realized that my line is not the primary line, as to my knowledge it was the primary line but according to att is not. So I'm out of luck. But i have one last question, if i create a ghost line so i can use its upgrade i have to pay $10 over 2 years that is $240 plus then pay for the phone. Now what would be the etf on that line? i know my iPhone line the etf is like $100 so if that line is less say like $60 i would pay the etf.

14. CactusHawk macrumors regular

I think this is correct. I have a family plan with two iPhones purchased on launch. Mine is the "main" account and that portion of the bill is about $130 of the $160 total.

My line is eligible now but my wife's is not.