Who had the most crowded menu bar?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SkipperStyle, Oct 1, 2009.

1. SkipperStyle macrumors newbie

Mine feels a bit crowded, but I suspect some folks out there have some impressive messes up at the top of their screens.

Attached Files:

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Here's mine. Pretty minimalist.

Attached Files:

3. celticpride678

Not too crowded, but I have some stuff up there.

Attached Files:

4. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Mine's not too bad, but was a little worse when there were two cpu meters...

Attached Files:

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Anymore and the application menu's just cover them. This isn't too bad and it gives me all the information I need.

Attached Files:

6. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

not bad at all.
    surprised i dont see many people with spaces enabled? or just dont have it as a menu item?

7. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

I used to have MenuMeters and iStat Menus but then decided iStat Pro was good enough for me.

Attached Files:

8. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

I refuse to have any more on it.

Attached Files:

9. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Not as bad as some. I do use almost all of these on a regular basis (except the ones that aren't intended to be used directly, they're just to avoid a Dock icon).

jW

Attached Files:

10. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

This is exactly how I don't understand why developers insist they put an icon up there. I mean seriously, I love Dropbox, but I don't need that icon there. It doesn't even do anything. In the very least, developers -- please have a checkbox for the user to choose whether or not they want your randomass icon there!

/rant.

(I hate having a cluttered menu bar.)

11. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

^^ Maybe Apple could steal an idea from windows and let you collapse unwanted icons but you need the app. For the dock too. I hate apps that are run (EG: pulptunes so I can listen to my itunes on my dell in windows) and you do nothing to them but they take up dock space and menubar space

I dare you, find me a to fit something else and still have it visible in safari. Buying another screen doesn't count:D

I could ditch time machine as I'm not using it right now, because the HD is full. It deleted my files that were there before a random but were still there when I reformatted

Attached Files:

12. SkipperStyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I used to have it, but I really only use like three spaces. Just keep iTunes running on one, web browser on the middle, and everything else on the third. I just use quicksilver to control iTunes now, so I hardly ever switch over to that space. If I do, I just use the keyboard rather than use a mouse to get up to that menu button.

13. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Never really saw the use of the spaces menu extra, I just use the keyboard shortcut.

Attached Files:

14. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

15. jamesdmc macrumors 6502

Is this thread only for laptops? Because I have three menu bars (see my sig), but none of them are very crowded. The macbook's menu bar used to be crowded, but I cleaned it up recently.

Oh, and I like the idea of a Dropbox preference pane wth growl notifications instead of a menu bar icon. I did some searching on the Dropbox forums and either the folks at Dropbox are quietly working on it in the background (and not saying anything) or they're ignoring what seems to be a popular request. That icon is not such a big deal on the iMac and 30" ACD, but the menu bar on the macbook is precious real estate.

James

Attached Files:

16. SkipperStyle thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish I understood the company's reasoning on that dropbox menu item. It would be fine if it freaking did something, but as it is now it just tells you how much space you have. Stupid decision.