Who has 3GS with 06.15 baseband?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lansa, Dec 16, 2010.

1. lansa, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010

lansa macrumors member

I'm needing to JB and Unlock my 3GS (4.2.1 with 05.14bb). I know I need to upgrade bb to 06.15 and I have seen the warnings about GPS failure. Who has gone this route and is actually having problems with gps not working or any other issues? Is it safe to upgrade?

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

"I have seen the warnings about GPS failure....Is it safe to upgrade?"

You just answered your own question. Is it worth the risk to you?

3. lansa thread starter macrumors member

Wow, I was trying to find from actual users here who have upgraded to the ipad bb if they are indeed having gps problems. Yes, I'm well aware of the risk, but just trying to get actual data from users. No need to get smart,

Thanks

4. bwrairen macrumors 6502

My son has had the ipad BB on his 3gs for about 2 weeks now. No problems here at all.

5. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

oops.. wrong info... 5.14 can't be unlocked.... sorry

6. lansa thread starter macrumors member

According to this:

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

3GS with 5.14 can be upgraded to 6.15 and then unlocked. Am I missing something?

7. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

the post that i deleted suggested you use pwnage, redsnow, and ultrasnow then i realized 5.14 could not be unlocked with ultrasnow

8. surferfl7 macrumors newbie

I recently upgraded to the ipad bb and have used the maps app a couple of times and everything worked fine however its my understanding according to the dev-team blog that the phone is using cell triangulation and not gps to find where the phone is at. I don't use my phone very often for gps capabilities or turn by turn directions but i thought I would let you know that the maps app still functions in my case. BTW I have a 3GS with the old bootrom

9. lansa thread starter macrumors member

Yes, gps is disabled but cell triangulation still works. The unlock works though.

10. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

That is Correct, Cellphone Triangulation will work fine, but actual GPS Coors, will not be receive by the phone (if they are ever needed)