Who has a new touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouch22, Sep 10, 2009.

1. itouch22 macrumors newbie

Are there any owners of the 1st or 2nd gen touch here that have recently bought the 3rd gen? How does it compare besides capacity?

2. csnplt macrumors 6502

csnplt

Whoever has one should do the following, and we'll all be very thankful:
    -Do a web browsing test. See how much faster it is.
    -Run a benchmark like Gauge Mathematical Tool and tell us what score it gets.
    -See if it really is a bit thinner like some people have said.

And, I could write a little app that tells us the speed of the processor, how much RAM, whether it uses same hardware as iPhone 3GS. Just PM me and I can send it to you. Or, you can write this yourself if you know some objective-c (uses simple sysctl c functions)

3. California King macrumors 65816

Anyone know if Best Buy stores are beginning to sell the new iPods yet? I'm curious to see the new Nano!

4. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

Not exactly on topic, but yesterday I decided I wanted the new 32GB model. But after today's rumor that Apple might be releasing the touch with a camera in the future kept me waiting for now.

5. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Where did you hear that rumor? I'd like to hold out for the camera..I know it will come.....Some day...:rolleyes:

6. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Yeah. I'd also like to know where.
    Because that might be the decision between the new one or waiting.
    But I might just go for the 3rd gen, because I don't have a second gen or a first gen and I've been wanting one for a while.

7. California King macrumors 65816

8. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

I sold my first gen two months ago...and was ready to buy the new one the day it came out with a camera...but...now I'm stuck..I really want the camera, but I would really like an iPod Touch..I think I'm just going to wait...for another 12 months.. :mad:

9. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

10. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Oh, that? I read that already.
    It's possible for that to happen, but I don't know if they'll release it at anytime. Maybe when the new iPhones come out, or maybe they might just wait a full year, to make sure they have no problems and stuff.