Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robrose20

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
SR MPB 15.4" 2.4 Ghz, 2 GB, 160 GB HD, Matte.

Works great, beautiful screen, runs about 55 to 60 C in most cases, with very intense stuff it can go to 74 C, fan is a little loud when going at 4000 RPM, Case is perfect, keyboard is perfect.

It is a beautiful system, worth every nickel.

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
I've had mine for two weeks now, no hardware problems at all. Its just the luck of the draw as to if you get one of the many good machine or one of the few bad apples (pun intended) that are sure to exist with hardware from any manufacturer. Manufacturing problems occur and some pieces just end up substandard for a wide variety of reasons, and some of those slip through quality control. If you do get a machine with problems, just take it/ship it back to the store where you got it and they should send you another.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
15" 2.2GHz — Perfect. I moved to this machine from a dual 2GHz G5, and I'm pretty impressed by how much faster it is. I also had a 20" dell lcd, and this screen looks just as good, if not better. Completely satisfied.

I'm doing about the same: moving from an original dual 2 G5 to a MBP (only I suckered out for the 2.4). How is it speed wise, comparatively?
-Chasen

kentfrancisco

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Chalk up one more vote for absolute perfection. Spent pretty much every minute from 6PM to 2AM on it yesterday. The only issue I had was a weird iChat crash - couldn't get the video chatting to work with a friend who has an iMac. Very minor quibble though, and the machine itself is a thing of beauty. No dead pixels, keyboard is perfect. I don't even see any of the shadow-banding or uneven backlighting some are reporting on the Hi-Res screen. It's bright as hell.

AirPort Extreme base station works like a charm, so easy to setup. Internet flies and this thing is a multi-tasking CHAMP. Importing 2GB of photos, 6GB of music, and surfing the web while downloading/installing some basic apps and it didn't even stutter.

desk003

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Vincennes, IN, USA
mine

id say it might be a little too hot at times for my liking, but it seems to be the norm.

also there is the odd time when you can see little waves propagating down the LCD or sometimes left/right it onlyhappens on like one website and only on the bits where they have this dark grey panel with a grid of small darker squares in it.

its very odd, but other than that its awesome..... screens great, but obviously no match for my dell 2005fpw 8bit IPS FTW!

I had that happen. I think it's the new graphics card driver. A restart fixed it.

Teucer

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2007
Cambs, UK
mine

id say it might be a little too hot at times for my liking, but it seems to be the norm.

also there is the odd time when you can see little waves propagating down the LCD or sometimes left/right it onlyhappens on like one website and only on the bits where they have this dark grey panel with a grid of small darker squares in it.

its very odd, but other than that its awesome..... screens great, but obviously no match for my dell 2005fpw 8bit IPS FTW!

I think i had this, but got rid of it by telling it not to adjust screen brightess as ambient light changes in system prefs -> displays.

PS. I got a perfect one to! :D

macenforcer

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2004
Colorado
I am always worried about getting a bad one. That is why I purchase my notebooks form the local apple store in the mall. If you get a bad one they will always swap you another new one if you come back within a few days. Had to do this twice and worked out great. Also, compusa has a 21 day no hassle return policy on apple products so you can always return it for a refund or swap. I never buy laptops online just for this reason alone.

Einkoro

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2007
Canada
Just recieved my SR MBP 15" and it has no dead or stuck pixels, the lid closes flush and the keys are aligned perfectly. The only yellowing is from viewing angles on the LCD which is normal on any display, very much so on these TN panels. I can't seem to find any problems other than I have no idea how to get dialup shared between it and the Windows box. :p

island

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2007
Nashville
PERFECT! Mine is great, and the 2.2GHz version I had a week or 2 ago was perfect also, except for the slow vid when playing some games. The new 2.4GHz is perfect for everything I do now. Worth the upgrade!

Habusho

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2006
Perfect now. It had what seemed to be a dead pixel on the top left at first. After looping it with a 10X magnifier it was a piece of dust. I tapped it with my nail and put the computer on its side and it went away. No issues whatsoever now.

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Aside from some noise on the audio jack when the computer isn't being used all is fine. Honestly, I've never owned a laptop in which the audio jack was dead silent. It's almost impossible considering how close components are to one another. This one is the quietest out of all the laptops I've owned in the past. :)

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Perfect 15" 2.4GHz stock model. I increased the ram to 4GB via OWC and couldn't be happier. Coming from a 15" 1.5GHz Powerbook, this MBP is so much faster.

iDive

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
I now have a flawless machine, although this is my third one in a week (Apple did exchange the defective ones without a fuss though).

Alloye

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2007
Rocklin, CA
I have to retract my previous reply. My 13 day-old MBP developed a backlight problem this morning. I took it back for a hassle-free replacement, but I had to settle for a matte display becaue that's all they had. (That or wait an unspecified amount of time for the next batch of glossies to arrive.)

On the positive side, the new MBP has the same excellent build quality as my first one. No dead pixels. Runs about the same temp. So far, it's at least as perfect as the first one. I just hope this one can go the distance.

gmisz88

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2007
Scrambled Dock on my new Macbook pro
I just bought the 17in ultimate macbook pro yesterday and my dock seems to scramble the pics of the programs like i cal, widgets, etc.. is this normal. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9178572@N02/?saved=1 picture one is useful look at the widget icon on the dock

is this common? i never heard of this b4 i guess i dont have a perfect mbp:mad:

MacGuffin

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2006
How can you say that it's perfect when there are little waves propagating down the LCD...?

Heh. Well, you know. Times change and so does language. In fanboy parlance, good in lots of ways except for all the ones it isn't is the new "perfect."

E.g., My (insert product name) is PERFECT except for (insert defect) and (insert flaw) and yeah ok also (insert another drawback). But other than that, IT'S TOTALLY PERFECT!

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Third time lucky :)

This one looks fantastic, I'm not really noticing any yellowing of the screen despite it being yet another week 23 Samsung one. No kernel panics yet. No dead pixels.

The trackpad button is kinda sticky and very noisy compared to the others; I'm sure I'll break it in just fine given time though. Can't really complain about this one at all though so far :) Think it might be time to order my 4GB RAM upgrade... mmmmm...

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Third time lucky :)

This one looks fantastic, I'm not really noticing any yellowing of the screen despite it being yet another week 23 Samsung one. No kernel panics yet. No dead pixels.

The trackpad button is kinda sticky and very noisy compared to the others; I'm sure I'll break it in just fine given time though. Can't really complain about this one at all though so far :) Think it might be time to order my 4GB RAM upgrade... mmmmm...
Fantastic! Congratulations, it must have been a horrible week messing about with sub-standard machines. I'm so pleased you've got one you can be happy with - mine makes me very happy indeed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.