Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsen4961

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Ok so i have just bought a macbook air 13" and its great but i don't want the screen to get damaged. Who has a screen protector and what are your thoughts. are they worth it?

jeremyx

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
I wouldn't pay plus $1000 for a beautiful MBA to make it bulky and ruin the screen w/ a protector. Simple answer is not to damage the screen, handle it with the respect that $1000 laptop deserves. I mean how often you see broken laptop screens? If you are really worried about damaging it I'd suggest getting an insurance (AppleCare+).

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
Ok so i have just bought a macbook air 13" and its great but i don't want the screen to get damaged. Who has a screen protector and what are your thoughts. are they worth it?

I don't see how the screen would get easily damaged.

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
You use screen protectors to protect from smear, smudges, dust, etc. Why would people think it's for protecting against playing tennis(wtf?).

Some people on here are hilarious when it comes to screen protectors. They don't add bulk, they're like 2mm thick?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.