Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014

JW313

Suspended
Sep 16, 2020
Had Silver/White since X. No the smudges are the same. It’s a mirrored finish you will get smudges.

The silver is my favorite because it looks natural. The more hairline scratches you get on the bezel the better it looks.

This is beautiful

I had the pacific blue 12 pro but hated the smudges it left. Hows this one? Are they more subdued given the steel? I have a silver iPhone x right now as well and realize how much more subdued the smudges are.

Will order this for 12 pro max then

Bstephens

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2010
Had Silver/White since X. No the smudges are the same. It’s a mirrored finish you will get smudges.

The silver is my favorite because it looks natural. The more hairline scratches you get on the bezel the better it looks.
Gotta love that patina.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Proud new owner of iPhone 12 Pro Max Silver colour! Wanted to go for Pacific blue as it is a new colour, but changed my mind... This silver colour is so clean, so white, almost timeless..
So you went to the future to get the 12 Pro Max? Can I borrow your time machine?

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014

Tbh, if im going to have smudges, i do prefer the smudges on the silver or space greys...i have a silver ss watch and they dont look as wild as they do with the pacific blue, which seems to show hand oils in their reflective glory haha

im going to check it out.

DeweyCox

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
Nashville
The white iPhone X and 4s were the most gorgeous phones in my opinion.

this one is up there though.. might take the cake from the X. Just gorgeous. Hard to top the X in my eyes but wow, these pictures are making me super jealous.
I agree! Loved the smokey white of the 4s and the X. And how the Apple logo really stands out.

Brettka7

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
This is beautiful

I had the pacific blue 12 pro but hated the smudges it left. Hows this one? Are they more subdued given the steel? I have a silver iPhone x right now as well and realize how much more subdued the smudges are.

Will order this for 12 pro max then
The smudges on silver are at least as bad as the others. Fingerprints show up pretty opaque so it’s smudge city when it hasn’t been recently wiped.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Yeah the silver looks amazing. The contract, clean look - can’t beat it! Glad I switched my graphite in for silver, much more cheerful;)

kid84

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2017
Yeah the silver looks amazing. The contract, clean look - can’t beat it! Glad I switched my graphite in for silver, much more cheerful;)
Exchange in store ? Or have to order Silver and return the old one ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.