Who has an SR macbook 2.0GHz?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by meltz3221, Nov 24, 2007.

1. meltz3221 macrumors newbie

In a few weeks I will become a mac owner, but I am debating b/t the 2,0 and 2.2 white macbook SR. I know one person said that the baseline model isn't made as well but does anyone else find this true. I also was wondering if the mid model lasts longer. I have also already decided I don't need the HD space, and the dvd burner. So whoever has the baseline SR please repond. Thanks

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Nothing wrong with the notebooks and they ought to last you a long time. It feels a bit unusual that Apple continues to sell a machine without a DVD burner. The hard drive space will quickly fill up because you will only have ~70 gigabytes of usable space and OS X will take up nine of that. Then the ol' saying is one must keep 1/3rd to 1/4th of the hard drive free for optimal performance.

When I upgraded to this Macbook Pro I did not expect to use the DVD burner. My decrepit G4 only burned CD-r, which later burned out, so that was what I was used to. Unless you have a backup hard drive a DVD burner would be a valuable tool.

3. Muzzway macrumors regular

I don't have the base model, but if you don't need the superdrive or the hard drive space and you don't do anything really CPU intensive, I would go for the 2.0. I doubt that either the midrange or the low end is made any better than the other.

4. Mash2K7 macrumors newbie

My SR 2.0 is fantastic and my first mac. Few problems with the keyboard freezing but only happened to me on 3 occasions in the space of 2 weeks and a simple restart does the trick and freezing last for no longer than a minute or 2. Other than that I have ha no problems at all and fully recommend a SR Mac baseline if ou dont need the extra HDD space and burner.

5. meltz3221 thread starter macrumors newbie

You think it will only have 50 GB of useable space from 80? 30 sound like a little too much. Well, if I want I can always upgrade. Also, is it really "necessary" to have more than 1 GB of memory. Does anyone actually have 1 GB here?

6. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

You're right! It is eighty and I was thinking sixty.

7. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Having had both, I still would go with the 2.2 better build quality.....

8. minutePulsation macrumors member

minutePulsation

there's no difference in build quality... period, that's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard. As far as which model, just get the next model up if the Superdrive is important to you. The difference in speed is negligible between the 2.0 and 2.2. If the Super Drive isn't important to you then get the base and throw 4 gigs in with the money you saved.

Cheers